1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

cavity filling for 5 yrold?? laughing gas or injection ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by nehausa, Jan 8, 2014.

1. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

HI :help,,

I never wanted to be in her shoes yet I am here clueless as my 5 yr old is needing cavity filled for one front teeth Pediatric Dentistry will give laughing gas or injection I am in bad situation to go for it or not Please save me Advice me..
    Also should I go for laughing gas or injection ??:idontgetit:

Thnx

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

recently my friends son (9 years age) got root canal treatment and had general anesthesia. I cannot relate both the treatments, but talk to doctor , and also how is your daughter ready for it, is she brave or nervous. not able to give good advise but just trying to give options.

3. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

Thanks for replying,actually doc said to give her injection they will give laughing gas ,,,but seems like no option i will haveto go with the doc.unfortunately have to go through this nonsense.

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

How is your child reacting at the dentist? My 6 yo had to get a cavity filling but we managed without medication. I told him that he will get a toy afterwards, the dentist was good, explained what she is doing and took brakes. The meds are fine if that is the only way to get it don.

Not sure what you meant with "nonsense"?