1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Caution!!! Wishes do come True…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 15, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends
    Have you ever wished for something? What a stupid question to ask for; this is what you are thinking no? But friends, if you are following my posts regularly, by now you would have understood that whenever I ask a stupid question, I have something to say about it.
    Have you ever thought, why do we ask God to fulfill our wishes? And how many of our wishes come true? You must be thinking now, how restless soul am I? I always end up asking questions. But friends, my every question is an answer in itself.
    So friends, (since I always address you all as a friend), I feel it’s my duty to spread a word of caution. And that ‘big word’ is please don’t wish anything!! Wishes do come true; sometimes in the same birth and sometimes in rebirth because we carry forward our unfulfilled wishes in our next incarnation. And many a times, we have to pay a hefty price to get our wishes fulfilled in the same birth as well. Not getting anything out of this blah-blah…
    Just 2-3 days back, my elder daughter was sitting with me. I like to listen to the stories from their English literature and Hindi book. She told me, mumma you always say no that we should never ask for a wish! There is a story in my book. And she told me the story. I would like to share just the extract of it.
    There was a family, comprising of an old father, old mother and a young son. They were poor but happy. The son used to work away from home. Somebody gave them a monkey’s paw and told them that they could get their three wishes fulfilled with this paw. They were extremely happy.
    They asked for the first wish, “Let us get 200 pounds.” They didn’t get anything. After a few days a man arrived with a packet in his hands and handed it over to the old couple. They opened it, it contained 200 pounds. They were surprised. The man told them that this is the compensation of their son’s death. He was a very sincere employee of their company and hence after his death, this money is being sent to his old parents. They were shocked.
    Then they asked for their second wish that their son come back. By the evening, the sky started getting dark. There was thunder storm and lightening and all. By midnight, they heard big, powerful, knocking on their door. They were too scared to open the door thinking this might be their son’s ghost.
    They immediately asked their third wish to let this ghost go away and never to return. And the knocking stopped immediately.
    Friends; all their three wishes came true but at what cost! So please don’t wish, even we may have to pay a price for that and that might be an irrevocable loss also.

So let’s learn to be happy with whatever we have!!
    Regs J

1 person likes this.

2. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

So true but when can we ever stop wishing ??.
    It is human nature to wish and hope ,
    these are something that is so part of life

1 person likes this.
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

That's true Zingy, but one should be careful while wishing something. We just can not fathom the consequences of our wishes may bring.Thanks dear for your response.

4. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. sublakshmi

sublakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Nice thoughts brought out. I to strongly believe that whatever we are going to get we have to pay a price for that. Let us not wish for something which we can't pay for. As u rightly said might be we have to pay a heavy price.

Have a good day.

1 person likes this.
  6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Aspire :)

Thanks for your reply. I would surely watch this video on YouTube.Thanks for sharing.

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Sublakshmi for your reply. Very true, that's why I ask my friends to be cautious while wishing something.

8. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful post Anukarsha.

As the old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true".

1 person likes this.
  9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

That's true dear Orion!!!

Thanks very much for your reply, and the li'l piece of information.Cheers :)