Cat Advice

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by vmtaurus, Jan 3, 2012.

1. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your FB Uma :)

2. vjain12

vjain12 New IL'ite

We adopted a cat 3 years ago,the poor thing vanished one day.Before it did,it had let us 2 lil kittens.Eventually the siblings started fighting each other and one final day the one in our house right now chased the other cat.
    That was 2 years ago,ever since then our cat has had kittens 3 times.This time around we are planning to get him treated for good.
    Cats are lovely animals,the only 2 problems are they breed too often and second the problem you mentioned.
    Though the first problem can be taken care of,the second problem is a misery.
    Here is what we have done to tackle the issue,since we live in a independent house(for now,we will be moving to an apartment next month).We first made the cat comfortable with a matress,we eventually laid the small matress at our door.We started to leave the feeding bowl next to the matress.
    The cat is so accustomed to it,that it hardly comes in anymore.We pet it outside.
    Please do not get me wrong,it is extremely unhygienic to let a cat walk indoors after it has consumed a rat.Imagine the germs it will be spreading.
    My cat hunts down anything that moves,pigeons/rats/lizards/squirrels.I am sure your does to.
    As you have mentioned you are pregnant,i would advise you to be extremely careful and not let the cat in the kitchen(doesn't matter if u bathe it).
    Might sound harsh,but you have to be practical.
    All the Best

3. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Thanks vjain for your inputs. We have neutered our little kitty and he has had his shots. I did not have the heart to get him used to staying outside since he seemed sooo comfy indoors and has brought us so much joy! Thankfully the rat eating seemed to be a phase and he has now stopped it. We have managed to train him now not to come towards the kitchen counters and platform. It took some patience, but it was worth it. He does not cross that line anymore.
    Thanks so much once again for pitching in.

4. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi vm,
    Really interesting reading all the fb's and your posts about your cat.
    ActuallyI'm more of a canine fan than a feline one! Love all animals basically and kitties are adorable always.
    I was really impressed that you could train your cat to obey so well.....somehow I thought only dogs were up to listening to commands and obeying them .This has changed my view ....see how we learn ! Cats are definitely much easier to have as pets as thery are so independent and can rely on themselves .Both are dogs get terribly upset if we leave them alone when we go out ,though they have each other for company !!
    all the best for the new arrival ....do post pictures of your dear pet cat .

5. rajeswaripriya

rajeswaripriya New IL'ite

How to attach photos here Paulina?

6. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Paulina..I should give credit to the little guy too, as he is obedient by nature :thumbsup

I'm attaching a pic of Whiskers, though he rarely responds to this name :) This is his favorite place after hubby's and my lap !

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi vm,
    Such a lovely visual treat !! Loved the name too ...WHISKERS is a real cutie pie ....what a cuddly kitty with such lovely paws ...I'm a great fan of chubby looking paws.Our basset hound doggie has gorgeous paws .Basset hounds are the brand ambassadors of the famous footwear line Hush Puppies remember?
    Whiskers has posed magnificiently .....what a unique choice indeed ....your obliging Laptop must have learnt obedience from Whiskers !! LOL ! Whiskers has managed to cxhange the rules for Laptops that we humans have set ...He has decided to sit on the Laptops lap instead!! Looks like he is jealous of the laptop occupying your lap which is his alone by right I guess ! Such determination on his face ! Seems to say "I dare you to push me out of here!"
    Your captivating picture will win hands down if entered in a contest that proclaims " Click original pictures of out of the ordinary perching favourite places of your pets"...Bravo WHISKERS !! You too vm ....great picture ...wish I could stretch in and pick up dear Whiskers and cuddle him ....hopefully he'll not dig his claws in my face !

8. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Paulina :) No, he won't dig his claws in..infact he would wait for you to offer him your lap !!

9. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear VM,

You cat is so cute. He reminded me of a cat I had many years back. He has the same colours. I have a photo of her somewhere, should search. Will post it later. I had cats many years back.

Regards
    Uma

1 person likes this.
  10. keertana999

keertana999 New IL'ite

We are a feline-friendly group of women stemming from generations of cat owners here to share with you cat advice free of charge. Through extensive research, seminars, work experience at non-profits, and personal experience owning cats, we have amassed a one-stop resource of cat advice for owners.