1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Caste, creed or colour has got nothing to do with success in life!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Time and again it is proved that caste, creed or colour has got nothing to do with success in life. Perseverance, self confidence, hard work and righteousness are the essential qualities for success in life.
    Joseph Stalin who was the son of a boot maker and mother a washer woman, had become the President of Soviet Russia. He was brought up in absolute poverty and later in life he was imprisoned many times, but he became the president of Russia.

Abdul Kalam, son of a humble boatman had become the President of one of the largest democracy of the world. He was awarded "Padma Bhushan" "Padma Vibhushan" and also the highest award "Bharat Rathna" for his contribution to the scientific research and modernisation of defence technology.

Nelson Mandela who languished in prison nearly for 21 years for freeing his country from the Whites, did taste success and had become the president of South Africa.
    Barak Obama became the president of USA with his undaunted efforts. Now he is trying for a second term and we have to wait and see whether he could get through again.

Kamaraj Nadar who lost his father early in life and studied only up to 6th standard and had gone through much hardship, became the chief minister of Tamilnadu. He introduced free education and free meals for children who were studying in schools. Later he was known as the king maker of the congress party.

Bhuvana who hails from a fisherman's family participated in the game show "Neengalum vellalaam oru kodi," last week. I was very much fascinated the confidence with which she answered . She told that she lost her father while she was in her mother's womb and lost her only brother and her mother alone looked after her needs and educated her and she studied at Government school and did her B.Com at Ethiraj College. I was bowled over by her self confidence and infectious laugh. I felt very happy when she won 12, 50,000 Rs and I shed tears of joy.

All the credit goes to her mother who strove hard to give education to her daughter. At the end of the show Bhuvana told that she wanted all parents to give education to their children as education is provided free at government schools.

I read that a flower vendor's daughter came with flying colours in her school at the +2 exam in spite of helping her mother after school and she was waiting for counselling to join an engineering college. It is really heartening to see that even poor children studying at Government school do shine like their counterparts studying at private school.

I am not ashamed to say that I too studied in Municipal and government school only.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mr.Srinivasan,

What a wonderful blog this is. I am speechless after reading the list of accomplishments of various leaders and I am sure we have much more if we have to look at the life of many world leaders.

I happened to watch that program with Bhuvana answering the questions in "Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi" and I was in tears of joy as well.

You rightly said for some one to come up all they need is determination, self-confidence and effort. I am also happy to say I have studied in government school in Tamil medium until I finished high school. I switched to study subjects in English only after I joined Pre-University.

Viswa

3. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,

I loved each of the examples you gave. You have made a very good point. Presented with the good opportunities, anyone can excel in it, irrespective of their social and economic status. Unfortunately, some people are denied this opportunity due to poverty, low caste, etc. Luckily these days thanks to game shows like Crorepati, anyone can participate. Hopefully things will improve, and we will see more and more children coming up in life.

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viswa,
    Not only leaders, even industrialists like Ambanis and Bill Gates of Microsoft, our Imfosys Narayan were able to come up in life through hard work only.

Only unscrupulous politicians can become crorepathis in a short time.

Glad to know that you also studied in Government School in Tamil medium, but I didn't get the opportunity to study in college.

Thank you for coming in and posting the first fb and am glad that you also felt happy and shed tears of joy seeing Bhuvana winning a huge amount.
    Love,
    PS

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear crazywriter,
    Thank you for dropping in and sharing your views.
    Opportunity knocks but once and those who grab it and make use of it tastes success.

But nowadays we come to know of success stories through medias and it acts as morale booster to many.
    Love,
    PS

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful post Madam. Thanks for sharing. Very glad to tell you that I too studied in a government school. -rgs

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear rgs,
    Thank you for your sweet comments.
    Glad to know that you also had studied at Government school.
    Love,
    PS

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Its absolutely an excellent list of achievements of people irrespective of the opportunities they born with.

Its like "What you have in you matters rather than what you have around/ with you".

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Pallavi,
    A person who seizes the opportunity and utilizes it in proper manner tastes the fruit of success in life.
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your fb,
    Love,
    PS

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said, Ma, caste, creed or colour, nothing comes in front of determination and effort.
    I couldn't watch that program here, thank you for bringing it out..:)

So many examples if we dig through history to show that for a successful person, it is not ' the luck' always!

Sriniketan