1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cash is King and a Doctor

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Cash is King and a Doctor<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Today’s TOI dt 15<SUP>th</SUP> April had this lovely story

[​IMG]

So the feel of money lessens the pains of the body and brings down the suffering eh !

That set my mind ticking and thinking. You know Bank Cashiers take and give out crores of Ruppes each day, they count money day in and day out, so these Bank Cashiers must be the healthiest and happiest people around ?

This contradicts a survey carried out a few years back, when the Western Governments surveyed the currency notes. They found that most of the notes contain, besides dirt and bacteria, traces of cocaine and faeces , that is ****. Indian notes contains traces of Pan, jarda, katha, and traces of urine too !

The advertisements on TV, of Dettol show that we must bathe with them to kill the germs and bacteria. In fact Dettol and lifebuoy now should show ads, whereby they adivse people to wash currency notes before using them., for they contain so many germs.It is another matter, that after washing, u may find out that the bacteria has disappeared from the notes, but the printing too has disappeared and all u are left with a is aplain piece of paper !!!

I have seen a rich Sindhi Seth, wearing gloves, and never touched money for many years, for he was aware of the bactieria in the notes, and he had assistants dealing with these matters, and he never ever carried money or handled it. Smart fellow, he knews years in advance , what the Americans came to know much later, that there are germs in the currency notes.

Regarding notes that reminds me. The olden notes of say 30 years back used to carry this sign , signed by the RBI

“ I promise to pay, on demand, the sum of Rupees One Hundred to the bearer”

These days if u check, the words on demand is not there. It may mean, that the RBI promises to pay u, if and when they have the money, otherwise go take a walk, or use the notes as toilet paper !

Do u know why they have Gandhi’s picture on the 500 Ruppee note. So that Bankers don’t staple pins over Gandhi’s head, and mutilate the notes. There was a time, when notes were physically counted in the banks , against the machines of today, and insptie of the RBI warnings, the bankers used to staple 3 or 4 pins , making the opening of the bundle a battle, nay war, for we had to use a knife, stapler and all weapons topry open the bundles, leading to blood oozing out many a times, and going for a tetanus injection to save our lives !

So to discourage cashiers from stapling the bundles, the RBI started to use Mahatma Gandhi’s [pictures on the notes, so that the cashiers will be ashamed to slam Gandhiji with pins, but u know how we Indians are, we don’t care a damn, and the poor father of the nation suffered more wounds, after his death, than in real life !

The one and two rupee notes were a joy for the marriage Band people, for those notes were given during weddings and baraats, as most of u remember,but today even beggars don’t accept them, they have moved up the ladder of success, remember India Shining ? some of the rascals now demand 5/- or more.I once gave a one rupee note to a beggar, at the signal, and he had the termity to give it back to me, saying give me a coin, this one is tattered.What did he think, that I would wash press and clean thenote, and give him ? Beggars can be choosers in Rajasthan surely !

In 1979, just before I shifted to jaipur, the Governement of India overnight banned the 1000 Rupee notes and the 10000 notes. Yes there were 10000 ruppe notes then .This news was out on the 9 pm Vivek Bharati news that from midnight, the notes will not be valid.

Now those days, even today maybe, there used to be some late night branches of Govt Banks, open till midnight, I don’t know about now, and they were flooded with more than a 100 crores with these big notes, in the 3 hours since the news came on the radio! Smart people we have eh !

The 10,000 notes were used as wall papers by people, and the 1000/- notes day one was 950 bucks, all the Zaveri Bazar , Mumbai, Jewellery shops closed down, and they had boards outside their shops blackboards, with 950 written on it so it meant u take a 1000 note and get 950, and this dwindled down to 200 or so after a week.

I am sure most of u must be remembering this, and I used to pass this area often, and used to wonder then, tht to make money, to what lengths people go to. Ingenious Gujeratis really who did all this. They showed these as sales, of the days gone by.

As they say, a Mithai wala, who makes sweets and sells, he hates the sights of sweets for he sees them day in and day out, and is put off them. Same way, why are the Bank cashier’s not put off money, when they handle money day in and day out ! should they not say, Paisa haath ka mail hai, aaj mera , kal tera, and distribute all their salary to the the first fellow they see on the streets, instead of going on strikes every now and then, for a pay rise ? Why don’t they learn something, form the mithai wala ?

And there is another school of thought that says Money brings in misery, like the Lodha /Birla case, money brings in thieves, and Income tax fellows to yr house, so dear friends , why don’t u give me yr miseries and money to me, after all what are friends for !

Chew that over, and send me a note if u want to send me money, and I will give u my Bank details, and also send u blessings free of charge !!!

What i wont do for Friends !

KAMAL MAHTANI

Waqt pe Adaat Na Badli, to Zaroorat ban Jati Hai
    Waqt pe Girl friend na Badli, to Biwi Ban Jati Hai !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a tip off, police reached the house of Santa Singh

Police " Suna hai aap ke ghar koi Visphotak ( Expolsive) cheez hai

santa - Sir who to abhi Maike Gayee hui hai !!!

Daaru Se Nasha Badhta hai,
    Nashe mein Junoon,
    Junoon se Mehnat,
    Mehnat se Paise,
    Paise se Izzat,
    So who addmi izzatdar hai jo Daru peeta hai. Cheers !!!

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamalji

Newspapers keep publishing all sorts of theories because they need to fill in the pages ! Just a couple of days ago there was a news item about a man who works in a bank strong room , who suffered a variety of illnesses all caused by the money he had to handle day in and day out.( Dirty Money, really, as you have also stated what all it may contain. Yuck!) It quoted the man as saying that the allergy got to a point that the mere sight of money would send him reeling into depression and even nausea. The poor man obviously saw no happiness in money !

I feel so sad for dear Mahatma Gandhi who has to bear witness to all sorts of obnoxious dealings these days !

Chew that over, and send me a note if u want to send me money, and I will give u my Bank details, and also send u blessings free of charge !!!

LOL! Incorrigible Kamalji ! :)

3. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Pranaam kamalji - What an interesting post! I have seen some very old Rupee notes which actually belonged to my grandfather. They were huge in size and they won't fit into the sleek wallets people use nowadays. I really don't know whether they were 1000 Rupee notes or 10,000 Rupee notes because I was just 6 or 7 or 8 years old then and my mom told me that those notes were found from my grandfather's library and apparently he used the Rupee notes as bookmarks! After he died they had to go through all the books in his library which was filled with thousands of books. Hope they had fun doing it and I am sure that my father's secretary and assistants would have pocketed few of those notes!
    From childhood days till now I have this habit of washing my hands after handling coins and notes and people used to tell me that it's not good to wash your hand after handling Lakshmiji and I tell them I don't like handling Lakshmiji dirtied by people...
    Last week I took out the clothes from the washing machine and found two hundred dollar notes! Thank God, here in Australia we have plastic currency :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Kamalji is King - both in news arena and comedy front.

Only you can give such unique posts.
    Mithai wala may detest the sight of sweets for he is slogging making them so it is natural. But will any one hate the CASH?

It is surprising to know that 1000 Re. notes existed in 1979. I thought they were a feature of the 90s.

Poor Gandhiji, if he was to come alive he would never be able to giggle as he does on printed notes I think. You forgot to mention the use of garland notes by politicians (as written by you already in snippets)!

You know, my husband loves to retain old notes - for their distinct colour and size - he used to surprise the children (early days) by showing them the old rupee notes and coins.

Arey Kamalji, aapki beebi padthee nahi kya aapki jokes? Varna aapke ghar mey bhi koi explosion ho jaayega! Sambhaal ke raho jee!!!

As usual an ajab post from Kamalji. Katti jokes missing this time????????????:biglaugh

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Kamalji
    Hello
    Ye paisa ye paisa is paise pe duniya marti hai .....
    Kamalji Paisa brings pleasure as well as problums .
    Paisa May bring diasese So also health & treatment .
    Paisa is responsible for pap as well as puniya.
    Paisa is the wheel which covers the life cycle from start to end. You need money for birth as well as for death.
    The so called research gives opinions about so many things which are known before hand becoz they are not search but re - search :biglaugh

I just remember a joke I got on sms few days back

Sardar santa singh at petrol pump to sales boy - Ek rupiya ka petrol bharna bahi
    Boy also in same tone .... bhai itna sara petrol bharwakar kahan jaoage?

Santa - bhai ana jana kahan hai hum to bus aise he paisa lutate rahte hai.:biglaugh:biglaugh

Santa aur banta ko ek one thousand ka note mila raste me

Santa bola - bhai fifty- fifty kar lete hai.

Banta woh to thik hai bhai per baki 900/- Rs ka kya karenge:rotfl

6. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,

I got reminded of this song from movie "Karz"

"paisa ye paisa paisa hai kaisa
    nahi koi aisa jaisa ye paisa
    ke ho museebat na ho museebat.."

Who doesn't like Money Kamalji but Kamalji what you wrote about germs on them......ewwwww...now I have to be extra careful eh???

I didn't know that the word "on demand" is not there anymore...guess I don't pay enough attention. :)

Good one from you yet again. :thumbsup

Jaya

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice history on the currencies, Kamalji!If my son reads this article, I can't iimagine...as of now, he washes his hands frequently fearing germs, everywhere..:hide:
    Why we want to give miseries to our friend Kamalji, we don't you to suffer..:idea:biglaugh

sriniketan

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha ha kamalji,am i glad to have a friend like you or what!
    but you know what ??? i too seriously believe that money is evil and problematic ..thats why i NEVER handle money..someone else takes care of money for me...

and me? I only want the things that money can buy :)

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Good food for thought, Kamalji. Also humorous, as usual

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL

I dont want u to get sick that bank cashier u talk about. i want ur hands to reamin healthy, that uis wy i request u to send me over yr money and diseases, :biglaugh

I find everything humourous in life TL, wht to do about this disease.HAHA

Regards

kamal