1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

carrying guilt for the past 5 years

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by simplegirl1, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revathi128

revathi128 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Now u r leading a happy life...so don't spoil this life by feeling guilty r trying to reveal ur past to ur hubby.Now u r faithful to ur hubby which matters most....not wat u did b4 u met ur hubby.so burry ur past and live a happy life

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

simplegirl1

It is not hnu's stmt that is hurting you - it is the fact that you were not honest to your husband before marriage decision was made - that's hurting you. That's why you are feeling guilty.

Now - you are so far down this marriage, so think about everything and do what you feel is right for you and your DH.

I cannot provide a clear advice in your case since I have a dilemma on what to tell you. Good luck anyway.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  3. simplegirl1

simplegirl1 New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

she has an interest in protecting her marriage and let's leave it at that. No need to go deep into moral intricacies only to hurt the person who is listening

Thanks for understanding me

4. simplegirl1

simplegirl1 New IL'ite

Hi Spiderman,

it is the fact that you were not honest to your husband before marriage

I know am not honest and that's the reason am here today seeking all your opinions on how to save my marriage.I am on the way of trying to be happy and you are rubbing on my wounds.

But still its your opinion and you have a right to have a different perspective.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

simplegirl1,

You have posted seeking opinions and people are offering you that. So, pls do not think we are rubbing it to you, the posters who are posting here will offer their frank opinion on the situation - I believe you came here to get a frank assessment. Feel free to read through and do what is best for your situation. Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  6. itsmyworld

itsmyworld New IL'ite

Simplegirl1,

This is my first post in IL. I know that I am replying very late to this thread. But still can’t stop myself in writing something that I believe.

You do not have to feel any guilt by not revealing about your past. Also, your husband was not in your life, when all these past occurred. Right? If it’s a PMA, definitely, you had to confess. Otherwise what is the need? Even if he comes to know about this later in future, he can’t take it too seriously as it had happened before your commitment to marriage, where nobody had rights on each other. So why are you wasting your present by worrying about the past? Instead try to make your relationship with husband stronger day by day.

Good life.:)

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

( portions from your own quote is reproduced in brown color) Hi Indianguy,you enlightened me. I never heard about 'outercourse' and 'petting'. These words might be common and I dont feel embarassed to tell this..i seriously dont know....

You dont know how much burden you removed from my heart saying all this...i hope you did read my previous post. I will stick to that...will remove this unnessary guilt.

Hi simplegirl,

"Outercourse" was the word coined by Dr.Rosie King, an Australian Medical Doctor, who talks a lot about outercourse. You can google and find out more. "petting" also means the same. It is a common activity, where gentials are approximated (with clothes on), between lovers.

When you are clear that you no more have that guilt now, I think, your thread can be closed, because, in a public forum like this, you will continue to get so many divurgent views, which may sometimes disturb you.

YOu have already asked Moderators to close the thread. But, it seems, it has evaded their attention. I will send a PM to Moderators, asking them to close this thread, Okay ?

8. simplegirl1

simplegirl1 New IL'ite

Hi Indianguy,

I will send a PM to Moderators, asking them to close this thread, Okay ?

Please go ahead and do that.Thanks for doing it.

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Closing this thread as per OPs request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.