1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Carry-on Luggage Questions

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Subhaganesh, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

I am travelling with 2 kids (5 and 1 year old)to india
    1. I want to carry tylenol and motrin (4oz) is it allowed ?
    2. I plan to take some homemade food for younger one is it allowed
    3. How about bananas?
    4. Can i carry makeup items lipstick, nail polish gloss and eyeliner??

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

YOu can carry all the items but number 3. At security you will be asked to throw it. What you can do is after security check purchase bananas at any Starbucks or dunkin donuts.

Also, take something that's not liquid for your younger one. If the food is liquidy they will ask to trash it. Happened with my mom, I had packed her sooji halwa, because of ghee in it she was asked to trash it.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much .....
    About fruits i can buy there... my son stil prefers fully mashed food ... kind of curd rice ,pongal , ragi porridge still he dont prefer idl,lemon rice ,dosa such kind... since we gonna stay 1 day in delhi i thought to pack some homemade food beacuse 2 days completely he cant cereal right... that's bad we can't carry anything...

4. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

If it's just for a day or two I would recommend you use Gerber ready to eat pureed food. Normally that's accepted. We did the same for my then 8 month old son. Also sometimes airline to have some baby food and fruits.

sindmani likes this.
  5. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Also agree with @Divyatherapist . Keep prescriptions for every medicine.

sindmani likes this.
  6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP,Take plenty of packaged foods like Gerber yogurt, Gerber packaged fruit and veg..Always always keep surplus .If you are stopping over in Delhi and have no relatives or friends there you can feed packaged foods to kids. Unless you have a reliable ped backup there don't feed local foods.Not becoz I am a snob, but you never know how kids so small will take it.Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I have travelled many times with kids and my input is based on that .
    1. Yes, keep it in a zip bag for security checkup . They may check it even if it is Tylenol . I never had issues with over the counter medicines. But I always carried prescription if I buy any medicine from India.

2. Use ready made foods like Gerber fruits or cereal , finger foods . They may also provide similar ones. If you request childrens meal for elder one, you may get options kids may like.
    If your younger one like milk, it is possible to get it from airport or flight.
    3. No, you can buy it from airport after security check point
    4. Keep make up items in a zip bag .

Take plenty of items in your check in bag. I used to take Gerber or similar foods with me, that helped a lot during my stay in India.Take whatever you are comfortable with in check in baggage.and minimum required stuff in carry on as you have two kids to manage.

8. naturalkind

naturalkind Senior IL'ite

You can carry every thing above. Even homemade food. I have carried dal khichadi in thermos for my daughter when she was 1. Any fruits are also allowed. You get 8 banana's for $1 in local store and in startbucks you will pay $1 for 1 banana. Since you have very young kids you are allowed to carry water also. Only thing is that TSA will open every item and check it and it might take upto 15 mins. Nail paints I am not sure about but lipstick and eyeliner is fine.

Since you are travelling alone I assume somebody will drop you at the airport so if TSA agents tell you to throw stuff just turn around and give it to the person who came to drop you.