1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Carnatic Music Teachers

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by srvaug, Mar 8, 2010.

1. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Are there any one around Old Bridge, NJ or in the visinity ?? My daughter is in first stages(knows Saralivarasalu until 8, sings some small poems and 1/2 of one Geetham). Iam moving from Albany, NY to NJ would like her to continue with her music. Iam not inclined towards online classes though only if they are absolutely necessary.
    How much do you charge per month ?

Thanks.

2. Divinemusic

Divinemusic New IL'ite

A friend of mine has a relative in NJ teaching Carnatic Music. I will check and get back to you. By the way, how old is your kid. Some teachers decline to take in students below 5 years.

3. sundarishwethan

sundarishwethan New IL'ite

Hello

I am teaching carnatic music classes and rite now for one student i started sarali swarams . Please contact me through private messages.

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  4. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Thanks Divine, my daughter is 6yrs now.

Thanks Sundari. Where do you stay ? iam calculating the distance of commute.

5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

One of my very good friends is taking classes in East Brunswick. She accepts kids. I can give you the details. She's very popular teacher in the tri-city area.

-Uma

6. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Yes please :thumbsup

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Her name is "Neyveli Ramalakshmi" (she is one of the singer's in Alaipayuthey for that Alaipayuthey kanna song). Her music school name is Sukadhwani (Sukadhwani - Institute of Carnatic Music). Check with her. You can tell her that her friend "Latha from california" referred.

-Uma

8. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

Excellent. It not even far from my place :)
    I will contact her. Thank you.

9. Divinemusic

Divinemusic New IL'ite

Hi,

sorry for the delayed reply...well, I did get some info. I got this reply from a renowned musician.....

Please ask them to check with Smt.Ramalakshmi - www.sukadhwani.org - or if they are ok with a more-serious sort of way, they can contact Smt.Kalyani Ramani. I have listened to students of both these Gurus - they sang very well during the Trimurti day festival last year when I performed a concert in Bridgewater temple, NJ.

Hope this is helpful.