1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Carnatic music classes in Tamil

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by kalpana123, Aug 26, 2012.

1. kalpana123

kalpana123 New IL'ite

Hi All
    My name is kalpana and I live in the Herndon area. I am looking for a good carnatic music teacher(in Tamil) for my daughter who is 5 years old.
    Any help would be appreciate.
    ThankU

2. Jaya1957

Jaya1957 New IL'ite

Hi This is Jayaraman Jagadeesan from Chennai. Saw your requirement for an online music teacher for your kid
    I teach Carnatic Music Vocal through Skype to various students located at USA, Australia, Abudhabi, Denmark etc and I can give the reference of them to you if you want to enquire about my teaching from them. Please private message me for more details.

I am a disciple of Dr Vasantha Srinivasan of Tuticorin & Shri Ramasamy PIllai of Suseendram .Started this school during the year 1996 for training students from basic to any level More than 50 students learn carnatic music - vocal from me. My methods are innovative and easy for the students to have a strong basic foundation for the beginners and easy techniques used for others to project their voice and culture it properly who have already learnt something in it. My timings are flexible All days in the week from 7am to till 9pm and I can take home tutions if the student need it necessarily Also I understand Online classes if the student is located away from my place The only thing that I can assure is that :eek:nce they join my training in music, they would definitely feel that they had wasted their precious time and money elsewhere and that they got a dedicated teacher..Basically I am a tamil speaking person and no worries in teaching music thro tamil

3. harivijay

harivijay New IL'ite

Kalpana,

I just moved to Oakton from Columbia. I have been teaching music for 3 years to kids and adults. I really enjoy teaching kids, the growth you see in their skills is very inspiring. I learnt music from Smt. Suguna Varadhachari, Smt. Rukmani Ramani and from my mom and have been singing in the local circles for 15 years.

I am available on weekday evenings, we can fix a day and time that works for you and your daughter. Email me if interested.

-Vijay

4. sharmivel

sharmivel New IL'ite

I am interested in your online music lessons for my daughter. Please provide more details.
    Thanks
    Sharmila

5. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

Greetings!.

I am a Vainika and learnt Veena under the tutelage of Smt. Meenakshi Ammal, daughter and disciple of Sri Karaikudi Subbarama Iyer ( great Karaikudi Veena brothers, Subbarama Iyer and Sambasiva Iyer) and giving concerts in and around my town. I am taking online Carnatic vocal, Veena, slokas and Tamil ( spoken for kids as well as academic ) on Skype. Interested persons can contact me.

6. kris81

kris81 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am in my 30's. I would like to learn music. Please provide me with all the details including fees.

Thank you
    Radha.

7. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Hello.

pl mail to sudhasubramanian64atgmaildotcom.

As per the rules of the forum, we i can't share my the thread.

Regards.
    [/QUOTE]

8. krishnuma

krishnuma New IL'ite

Hello Ma'am. I am Aishwarya, posting from my mother's account. I want to know if you still take online Veena classes. I have learnt quite a few varnams and krithis in the Karaikudi Bani and wish to continue learning. Please do let me know if you still teach, and can accept me as a student. :)
    Thank You
    Aishwarya Krishnan