Career Woes...Queries regarding jobsearch in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by jeyshree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Seethu

Seethu New IL'ite

HI all,
    I am new here in this forum and very happy to meet you all.
    I came to singapore last july as a dependent and soon got a job as an IT executive in a shipping company with a salary of 3000 SGD. I think that salary is very good for me since i was a fresher and was a 2008 passout. My area is .NET.
    But later i too was caught in the hands of recession n lost my job in January. After that i searched for a job for around 40 days n got a similar kind of a job.
    But this time i was more unlucky.My ep got rejected. And the reason was singaporeans dont have any jobs and the MOM people is not allowing more EPs that time.

Till this date i dint get any job. Not even an interview call. I browse almost all job sites and apply for lot many jobs. I would have called all the job placement consultants in Singapore . What they are looking for is singaporeans or PR only. Some consultants will collect our resume and wont even look back to us. I cant even take tutions Bcos of the strict rules in singapore. I feel very lonely and now I am fed up looking for jobs in Singapore.
    So the only thing i need to tell you all is dont waste time trying jobs here in singapore. Bcos this time there is no hope. I am not trying to disappoint you. But thats the fact.

Also if u want to do studies in singapore keep a good some of money with you since the education here is very expensive. I know this bcos i even tried this option too out of lonelyness.

I even dont know what to do. I feel like going home back to india. But cannot leave my husband alone here. He may feel lonely.

I feel good after writing this much to u all. I know its very lengthy n like a story. But its life

With love
    DrowningSeethu

2. lakshmivijaya

lakshmivijaya New IL'ite

Hi All

Hello Everybody....

I am Vijaya from India. I am happy to join IL. I hope it will help me finding a good job in Sigapore. I have done my MBA and having 1yr and 7 months experience in recruiting.

Some one please help me finding a good job in HR.

I would like to give my best support to my dad and mom to come out of the problems they are in. And coz of this i am searching for job in singapore, thinking i can earn more if i go there. It might sound silly and emotional to few. But, i was seeing my parents uffering since my childhood to bring me till here. So, atleast now i would like to give them a break from all financial problems.

Please....... somebody help me getting one job.

Vijaya:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  3. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Re: Would like to help My family

[ just for information :) ] Hi Vijaya, from your (other) post I understand that you have done MBA &
    you also have some experience in recruiting field . I hope that you know about job searching sites
    eg., naukri.com , monsterindia.com ... etc. you may also search jobs thru major newspapers sites .

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  4. Meenagoutham

Meenagoutham New IL'ite

Business Analyst job

Hi everyone,

I am looking for Business Analyst job in singapore. I have 14 years of experience and have worked in a Multi National bank. Actually, I am ok to do any kind of IT job other than coding. Pls let me know if you have or come across any contacts. Thanks a lot

5. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Please help me

Hi

I'm in search of Job since 6 months.I applied to so many jobs through job portals and newspaper.but i'm not getting any response.I'm an EP dependant. I came to know that even a dependant is eligible to work by getting a work permit.But most of the employers do not know this fact and every one wants to take either singaporeans or PR help me.
    Please any one help me.I'm badly in need of a job.If any one has friends in consultancy please help me.:bonk

6. varsudhir

varsudhir New IL'ite

Re: need a job in singapore

Hi ALL,

Kindly help me by throwing some light about IT industry in singapore...i have visited singapore for my honeymoon and fell in love with the place...So planning to find a job...both myself and my husband want to settle down in SG...my hubby is a mechanical engineer...so can both of us come there by applying EPEC and find jobs ?...

Please share ur thoughts...

With Regards,
    Varshu

7. varsudhir

varsudhir New IL'ite

Re: need a job in singapore

Sorry ...i forgot to mention...am a software engineer with almost 2 yrs Exp

Kindly help..

8. varsudhir

varsudhir New IL'ite

hi...

Somebody suggegt some gud idea..whether both myself and my hubby shd come toSG and find job?
    :drowning

9. laxmi.kumar

laxmi.kumar New IL'ite

Hai friends,

Any body searching job in J2E and JAVA contact him

gulab singh-91440209

he has some jobs even person in EP also contact him,just I try to get job

for my brother by him.............

All the best

10. souin247

souin247 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am looking for a job in Oracle.
    I have been working on orcale forms, reports and pl/sql.

Thanks in Advance.