Career Woes...Queries regarding jobsearch in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by jeyshree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Is mandarin neceesary to get a job in IT industry?

Hi VaishnaviDurga

I dont think that you need to know mandarin for a successful employment here if the employer is a globalised one. However, it is also based on demand-supply mechanism, (the S'pore job market revolves around the global economy, being a small country) So when there are lot of jobs available for you to take they wont care whether you know mandarin or any dialect. But now the arrow is in a downward trend with lay offs announced/in the brink , by many of the Global giants and it is expected that the downward curve will take a deep plunge in the first Q of 2009 which is a very sad news. Many companies have frozen the intake until further notice even though the headcount is low.
    They require a dialect if the company you have applied is dealing with local clients(public) or China Market. Also in the service industry wherever you need interaction with the public they require a person with the knowledge of local dialect like Mandarin/Malay/Tamil.

Hope I am clear. Best of Luck.

2. meetsonal

meetsonal New IL'ite

Job at kidzee singapore

Hi, everyone i would like to work at kidzee so as to send my son to kidzee. so anyone knw abt the plce or any site where i can send my CV. SONAL

3. vaishnavidurga

vaishnavidurga New IL'ite

Re: Is mandarin neceesary to get a job in IT industry?

Hi Abhi,
    Thank u for the response.Well i too felt the same and hoping for good time to come :)
    U R RIGHT,"What cant be cured must be endured ":thumbsup

4. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Dear SingILites,

Job vacant for IT support in GIIS.

PM me for more details.

5. laxmi.kumar

laxmi.kumar New IL'ite

job market in singapore

hai friends,:hiya

I am looking for job in IT sap fico as consultant I am PR of Singapore want toknow the present job market and status of jobs in IT as well as non-IT.One of my friend says that u can get job but will pay low then after a year getting high is difficult u will be spoil ur future like that..:confused2:.............and says try job after a few months ............Working guys pls share ur views regard this:hiya much useful:coffee not only for me all the members of this forum toooooooooo...

6. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

anyone help me

Hi everyone
    I'm a graduate in pharmacy.but i dont have any xperience n finding very difficult to get a job here.are there any courses which help me to get a job?I'm getting bored n feeling guilty staying at home.so i'm ready to do any job.seriously i'm in need of a job.please any one help mebonk

7. vsiva78

vsiva78 New IL'ite

marine jobs in singapore

Hi,
    My sister's husband is Marine Chief Engineer (onboard sailing in oil tanker,chemical tanker ships), he wants to settle in singapore.. he is looking for a offshore job with good salary....

Anybody knows pls tell the portal name or consultants which suits for him....

Advance Thanks for the responses...

Regards,
    Nandini

8. bharprash

bharprash New IL'ite

I apologize for delayed reply, thanks for the info... I have uploaded my cv in few websites, not getting any response probably coz of economy recession / they may prefer for PR holders, am on EP dependent.

I am a BE graduate and have work exp in Java.. sitting idle at home is so boring that now am planning to change career itself like teaching as not getting calls. I hope I get job sson.

9. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

Currently there’re two opening with the consultant (CSS Software Pte Ltd., <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place>). If you have any friends with the following profile, please refer.
    • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: navy; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">Business Objects/Crystal Report Consultant (>5 years)
    • AS/400, Helpdesk application experience
    Regards

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. bharprash

bharprash New IL'ite

Hi SBRose,

Can I apply for the same? I am willing to do any work.

I have around 4yrs exp in software field, am here in Singapore on DP. Please let me know if I can. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Bhargavi