Career Woes...Queries regarding jobsearch in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by jeyshree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

A friend of mine is also looking for job (on DP at the moment).... i too would like to know more about the current job market situation. All inputs and suggestions are welcome :) thanks in advance!!

2. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Dear IndianQueen ,
    waiting for 2 months is no time . So dont give up yr hope. Freezing of recruitment ...i dont believe as i have been seeing lot of calls from banks for diff platforms , for Dev and support - honestly speaking am tracking it for more than 3 months . It all depends on which area u r looking for . Consultants here need Cv's for their JD ,thats it . Not much referals issues . All the Best .

3. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends ,
    Anybody looking for job in SAP Business objects ? Kindly let me know.

4. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Hi chamu02,

thanks for clarifying about the job market for banks in singapore. Are you a recruiter here?

5. kavyareddy

kavyareddy New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I and my husband are planning to search for job in singapore.. I have 7 years of experience in Java, J2ee. Can you please suggest how much salary can i expect for my experience?
    My husband is working as Sr Network Engineer in a reputed MNC in india. He has 10+ yrs of experience in the networking field and has done all the certifications. Can you please also suggest how much salary he can expect in Singapore $.

Hope some one will help me answering these questions..
    Thank you in advance.

6. kanikab

kanikab New IL'ite

Kavya,

You should look into jobstreet dot com's salary search/ salary survey page. Should give you an idea about avg and exceptional salaries.

7. kanikab

kanikab New IL'ite

Hi Akila,

I have been looking for an IT job on DP since 5 months too. And my search finally ended successfully. The IT job market is strictly ok. I think there is a general apathy towards DP holders. EP holders/ Singaporeans/ PRs are preferred by recruiters. Some companies are do welcome foreigners. A DP holder can expect a call or two in a few months after applying for jobs frantically and should try to turn that opportunity into his/her favour.

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kanikab,

9. Subhamenon

Subhamenon New IL'ite

Singaporean citizen/PR staus requirement stands as hindrance

We (Me, my husband and 2 kids)would like to settle in Singapore. I am Pre-primary Teacher and my hubby is MBA(HR) with a impressive international career background have very good personal credibility. Presently he is in Dubai. He had tried job through job sites and also contacted some recruitment agencies in Singapore, but of no avail. Employers in Singapore are insisting on Singaporean citizen/ PR. In this circumstance, we are totally disappointed. What is the next best option to find work and settle in Singapore. Will it work out if my husband visits Singapore on visit visa or similar and find a job?? What is the status of job market there? And please tell me how much it will cost us (cost of living in humble but decent perspective) for 3-6 months. And also please tell me which place is best to stay and BEST place to find job, i mean commercial area (like mumbai/chennai)?Please, I would be very grateful.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  10. Bhuvan2b

Bhuvan2b Junior IL'ite

Hi kanikab,

Could you please tell in which tech/platform u r working..am also on DP and have been searching for jobs for the past 3 months..but no luck..have applied in all the job portals too.. i hav 5 years of exp in Datawarehousing ETL DataStage, Teradata n Mainframe .. kindly let me know if there are any openings..

thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012