Career Tips for Professional Student

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Rinitha, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Rinitha

Rinitha New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a MCA prefinal year student. I did my schooling( Tamil medium) and UG in a remote area where we used to talk only in Tamil. I have good subject knowledge in my field, but my problem is my communication skill.

For me a professional should be slim,fair, pony tailed hair, stylish, good looking,modern,fluent in English,ect...Unfortunately i am entirely different from these qualification. Even though i make myself with good costumes it doesnt suit because of my overweight. so i couldn't accept myself as a professional.My friends,my school teachers,colg lecturers says that i am a multi talented(know classical music, got many prizes in photography, drawing, crafts, won lot of prizes in state level technical symposiums, talk in Hindi,Malayalam) student and i can shine in future.

My parents sounds good in education & central government employees, they says that i don't have self confidence so that thinking like this. they added that they too were from the same background but they could fluently talk in English and got government job.

My mentors says that i will get very attractive salary in It field. But i am so afraid to enter in IT field. So i have decided to work in a private college in my home town for 4 or 5k salary (even i too dream to work in MNC, going abroad,etc...)

My dear friends, tell me what is my problem? what should i do?

2. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

As your parent says, Nothing is your problem except lack in confidence level! Your yardstick of being a professional is totally wrong! I feel that you are good in english though!

A professional should have quiet-calm body language, Tension free face and clear speech! No need of being slim, fair, pony tailed.,etc as you said!

If you have good subject knowledge, you no need to worry about other issues and can confidently go for MNC job! Even though you don't have confidence, at least try to show off as being confident in front of others!

Only talent speaks much in interviews than your outer look! Remember that you are trying for MNC job and not for Receptionist job...only that job needs all you have mentioned above!

No worries Madam! You are 100% fit to go for IT jobs! Please don't restrict yourself from achieving high goals!

All the very Best! :thumbsup:thumbsup

3. Rinitha

Rinitha New IL'ite

Hi priya...

thanks for ur words....
    Hope everything will go well atleast hereafter...

4. CharanyaRam

CharanyaRam Bronze IL'ite

Hey Who told that to enter this field you require to be thin.... If that is a case then i would have lost my job long back......

See you have good talents apart from that you have a potential to crack the aptitude and technical test which will be there since you are fresher to this field. Nothing more is required. You know IT is a field any one can enter...

I use to say even aadu,madu if it has a degree in hand then ur eligble to work in MNC at least in india...

Dont lower your self esteem be smart and act smart....
    You have good fluency or required fluency to enter MNC, good technical knowledge, improve your math aptitude, logical resoning (when it comes to Real time, there will be only ilogical reasoning) thats it...

All the very best...
    Join our gang soon(Aatu mandhai)....:thumbsup