Career choice in Engg

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kalpaselva, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kalpaselva

kalpaselva New IL'ite

Hi, please suggest which branch is best for life long career in Engg.basically i dont like the IT culture which is spoiling our youngsters.

2. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

how is IT culture spoiling youngters?? may i ask u

anyone can get spoilt of he/she allows the circumstances or people to influence them

IT or electronics branch...both these will lead to jobs in IT sector

electrical , civil , mechanical or automobile...most of these sectors involve field jobs which girls after an age may not prefer (i assume u're asking it specifically for females)....although india with a need of better infrastructure will continue to demand gud jobs in these core sectors

chemical is another core sector which will do well

and IT is becoming overcrowded now a days...but still commands fat pay packages for the grads from tier 1 engineering colleges....after around 10 yrs or so u may see a slowdown in IT prospects ...but for the next few years ...top slots will still be IT

u not try architecture instead of engineering....it's gud and will contine to be in demamd for years to come

or try other less explored careers than engineering

3. kalpaselva

kalpaselva New IL'ite

Thanks for ur FB. high pay in IT makes youngsters to lead luxury life and if it get disturbed they feel like everything gone away. thats the reason. and also if they get high renumeration gradually according their output hope they will settle down safely.

4. Bharu

Bharu New IL'ite

Hi Kalpa,

I have done my engineering in CSE. Its good for girls. If you dont have idea for taking up Technical line as your career, try to go in for UG courses and do MBA as higher studies. Else go for ECE which is the next best to CSE. You can go to both the lines Technical as well as Core Electronics.. :thumbsup

regards,
    bharu

5. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

I need some information regarding engineering branches for a girl relative who will be taking up admission in college soon. She needs advise as she is still in 12 and does not know much about different branches.
    Can you all suggest which is better Electronics&communications Eng.(ECE) or CSE(Computer science)? I have heard CSE has less demand nowadays, is it true?
    Also is ECE and Electronics and Telecommunications are the names of same branch, is there a difference between the two?
    Which branch has good job prospects and can also be pursued as higher studies?
    Also how good are core branches like mechanical etc. What are job prospects after mechanical in India and abroad. Please give some suggestions.
    Thanks!