Career Advice For A Women Who Is 35 Years

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by soumya2552, May 19, 2019.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Seeking your advice and expertise here.
    I am 35 years old, never thought of working. I was a happy home maker taking care of my inlawas and kids.
    Last year, due to some personal reasons I took up recruitment job recommended by my friend. Its a work from home job and I enjoyed working as there was so much to learn. I don't see a growth here..nor much promising income. I mean time & effort is more than good income. I want it do a course in HR and want to step up the ladder.
    Here is my question.. Please advice if anyone has started career at this age, what are my options?
    Is there any institute offering a good course for recruiters to become HR?
    Thanks.

2. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

OP, Just sharing my experience here and not demotivating you. Like you, I had worked for a recruitment agency after a career break of 5 years. Most companies wanted HR assistant to be either a fresh graduate with relevant Degree or 2-3 yes Exp in the same field.
    After break it was quite hard for me to get into another job in the same field inspite of having 8 yes of exp. Now I have taken up a job in a medium scale company, (after 35 yrs) non related to my prev.exp. in my case, I had to consider distance to off and child care in my absence.
    There are ample opportunities available to start career after 30. Understanding work culture in india in terms of timings, family commitment, yrs of exp. and how much we could contribute should be considered while choosing the field. This help to stick to the field and progress in it.
    Sharing this out of my experience. Good wishes.

soumya2552 likes this.
  3. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your experience :)