1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cape capers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jpatma, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Jaya,

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown..I could go on bowing till my back hurts but still cannot word the feedback for this marvellous piece that you have sent me into a rapture today.

I have nominated your post for the finest narration.I need to rush now but shall be back again.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaya

This is truly a superb post. Very spontaneous and hilarious to say the least. Each line was being animated in my mind's eyes and I have read it three times to experience the humour again and again. Like Chitra mami and Viji ma'm have said, you should not worry about anything. Have a blast at the performance and good luck. You will do well and so what if you feel that you look like a yellow insect with rigid wings. I know pretty well that you will be a pretty looking yellow insect who was once offered a job of an air hostess! May the force be with you!! :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Jaya,
    You had me giggling and chuckling... Finally I find someone who shares my dimensions ( physical!) Why didn't I think of a cape to hide my bulk instead of going on pointless diets???
    "In an attempt to look more like a James Bond babe, I tried a crash diet last week. However, it had been so long since I’d tried to limit my caloric intake that I’d forgotten that food deprivation can have a strange psychological effect on me. Usually, the more I think about not eating, the hungrier I feel, and the more I’m inclined to eat. One minute, I was eating cabbage soup for my dinner, and the next, it was midnight and I was standing in the kitchen eating chocolate spread from a jar."

Been there... done that!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I am sure no one would have closed their eyes... instead enjoyed such a versatile actress...

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Jaya,

This one is a real caper of a post. What a splendid post adorned with excellent humor.

I shall spare further adulation of your post as I see that all of our very eminent writers have waxed eloquently about how good this latest contribution from you is and I cannot better their words. Their nomination in the FP forum brought me racing to read this piece.

You sure are emerging as one beautiful butterfly spreading the very colorful writing wings! You are blessed with a sharp sense of humor. You keep mentioning about your lack of English proficiency. I fail to understand this. If this narration is anything to go by, the language is flawless and very lucid.

I am now anxious to go shopping for a cape/cloak in all colors and fabrics to suit the mood and weather. What an excellent piece of garment it must be if it can with a shrug take off three whole pounds and make one look like a teenager and entice the discerning Bond's desire!

Even the Kryptons, inspite of the outside under(over)wear have understood its powers, why not our own fashion designers?! Perhaps this blog should be published in the Verve, Vogue and other such fashion mags?!

L, Kamla

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Jaya

This is my guess. Capes were probably first designed for Count Dracula who probably wanted a special attire when he went on his nocturnal blood sucking spree. His tailor, probably after considerable thought, must have observed a bat flying around at night. Both Dracula and the bats being of the same ancestry of vampires, the tailor fashioned a garment that was just a copy of the bat’s wings. Count Dracula, being overjoyed at the creativity of the tailor, promised him that he would not suck his blood and that he would also spare the next 7 generations of his family.

I must owe this guess to the usual story of many a family in South India about how a poor great, great, great grandfather once relieved a snake from great agony when he saw it writhing in pain in his backyard where he had gone to answer a call of Nature. On closer examination, he found that a thorn had got stuck in the vicious snake’s tongue. He, without any fear or hesitation, went to the snake and gently removed the thorn. He patted the snake’s head to assure it that all would be well. The grateful snake went around the Brahmin seven times and touched the ground three times with its head in a gesture of promise that no snake would disturb his family for seven generations. Since most of us belong to the eighth generation, we run the risk of the snake troubling us again either through a direct visit or through our horoscope. So to give an extended effect to the snake’s promise given seven generations back, we perform a special ceremony which includes a gift of a snake’s idol in half kilo of silver to the purohit!

You have wronged the Superman by calling him an imbecile. If you thought that it was due to lack of intelligence that he wore his underwear over his pant, you are grossly wrong. The real reason is this. One day he was just lazing in his house in just a lungi without the underwear as most of the men around the world usually did. He suddenly got a call to save a child which had just started falling from the top most floor of a building as tall as Burj Khalifa. He just rushed to his washing machine, pulled out his attire complete with his cape waiting to be washed there. He put them on and flew out of his window but half way down the route, he realized that he did not wear his underwear which had all his powers. He rushed back to get it and since he had no time to remove his pant to accommodate the underwear at its rightful place, he just put it on over his pant. After all, the minutes were ticking by and the child must be saved before it hit the ground. He had no time to worry about the dressing protocol. That particular mission was hugely successful one. The child was saved to the great relief of everyone but the saved child giggled looking at the way the Superman was dressed. The Superman who was quite superstitious decided to wear it that way in all his future missions.

So please don’t attribute it to his ignorance. It was a well deliberated decision!

Sri

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Vijji,

Appreciate your fb, actually everyone laughed at me saying that i looked like the mother of Fantomette. Any way it was hilarious drama with all detective characters coming together to solve a mystery.
    I think i will end being Vivek's jodi and can never become heroine.
    Jaya

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    You are one of my good dost who laughs at my post and you encourage me and at times console me. I appreciate it.
    You make us laugh and i want to do the same.
    Jaya

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Thanks shailu and i appreciate it.
    Jaya

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Padu,
    I your post was more hilarious than mine. Paavam, ennakum oru anubavam erukku. They gave me the role of witch in Macbeth - Beware of the ides of march ne sollinderuthen, apprum than therinjuthe naan witch mathiri eruken.
    You are so sweet, i wish i had the figure like in picture,apprum kaiyele pidika mudiyathu.
    Jaya

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Iam fine and don't worry abt me & iam so happy to have friends like you. Thanks for the fb. when i become grandma hope i will be like you.
    Jaya