1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can't You Make Up Your Mind? What Mind? Oh Well, Never Mind!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 19, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]I have a tough time these days making up my mind or what little of it I possess. [​IMG] Why, you want to know, do I want to talk about non-existent or nearly non-existent things like the rabbit's horn, the common sense of the common people, Satchi's mind etc. Well, it was a chance comment by our friend Bhavana in her feedback to my last snippet that brought me to talk about it. So blame her for it if you have any problem with this snippet of mine. Well, coming back to the point (this little mind does tend to wander a lot, doesn't it????? :rant), I am quite sure this has been some diabolical plot hatched by the One Above, who decided (S)He wanted to entertain Her(Him)self.

It all started off pretty early on in life ..... or may be I should be more precise, well before life actually began. I am told (never mind who told me, I am hard pressed to remember facts which transpired so long ago. Straining the little bit of grey matter which has still remained unaffected by biological and chronological age will cause a rapid loss of the same. I am quite convinced the theory "use it or lose it" does not apply in the matter of my said grey matter). Anyway, coming back to the point, I am told the dice were being cast and I was given a chance to decide whether I wanted to spend this avatar as a male or a female. In a manner that was a portent of things to come, I started dithering and changing my mind as the clock kept ticking, much in the manner of the "sui muiji" of KBC fame and the needle kept swinging on the dial in front of me. :spin Time and tide, it is said waits for no man, nor does it for that matter for any woman - no, not even for the soul aspiring to be a man or a woman. So it came about that the needle swung towards girl and the buzzer went off. My fate was sealed. The decision was made for me. That was only the beginning. As a voice said to me "Aage aage dekho hota hai kya" (Just wait and watch what happens in future).

My childhood saw me facing more such problems when faced with major life threatening decisions such as whether to have butter on my bread or not, would I prefer strawberry jam on my bread or would I like mango jam ..... (The "puddings and pies said Jane, which would you rather said her father, both cried Jane quite bold and plain" formula never worked for me :-( I was landed with a toughie for a mother, who would never allow such a digression from the rules - one meant one, no meant no etc.) :help These days I find myself wondering whether I want to eat or not. If I opt for the former (which happens almost all the time) it is whether I want to eat "regular" food or would I prefer to eat a sandwich ...... Ufff ..... I tell you, life is so tough. :drowning

The years in between saw me dithering on the topic of what subject to study - arts or science, commerce, or nothing (which I admit I would have preferred but was too proud to admit). So I solved the problem by doing a bit of everything. :bonk The net result was I was what a friend termed to be a "nitya vidyarthi" (permanent students). He probably meant it in a mocking or teasing manner. But it was alright. Are we not all nitya vidyarthis of this school called life?

Many years were spent on deciding whether to get married or to sit on that comfortable shelf and watch the world go by. Then came the question of whether various eligible candidates were suitable or not. Ultimately Life came along and shoved me into my present status where I complete 16 years tomorrow and am still trying to find my bearings. :shock:

So you see, such so-called "ageing calamities" start off pretty early on in life. That is probably because we start "ageing" the moment we were born, never mind what some scientists tell us about living life in reverse gear. That they intensify with age and "that stage of life" (whether it be male or female) is quite another matter.

Add to this problem of indecision, the problem of forgetfulness is quite another story. I have already said plenty about this matter. (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/122268-what-i-just-about-do.html. It is worrying when I go for a bath and set about soaping my face only to still find my glasses on my map. Or for instance when I go to bed with my glasses on (all the better to dream with as the BH puts it), or when I put something somewhere, forget about it and then start blaming BH for moving my cheese. :bang

Now, I do sometimes wonder if Alzheimer's is catching. I am quite convinced it is and that I, for one, have "caught" it. I read about some blood test for it and even checked out with a very good lab in town whether they do the test. The receptionist had never heard the word and made me spell it out and got me so exasperated that I asked her to ask a doc in the lab if she did not know and she came back to tell me they did not do it yet. A psychiatrist (he visited us on a social basis, I did not go to him for a consultation, I assure you) gave me the good news that within the next 2-5 years there is going to be a drug to break down the evil proteins that cause Alzheimer's and there is already a blood test in the offing.

So on that note, I shall leave you and go wandering off wondering whether I need to have that test or not, how soon I shall need it and where I should wander off to, should the test turn out to be positive. :confused2:[/JUSTIFY]

20 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

These indecisions go on and on...never ending.

I am glad you are coming back to normal mood. In recent times you were very upset and tensed up. Guess mom's health is improving.

So, tomorrow is your wedding anniversary. Many best wishes for the day. Enjoy your day and I wish you all happiness. You deserve it.

Syamala

I am in a different time zone...hence able to wish now, still evening.

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

Hi Syamala, thanks. Yes, Amma's improving health has taken a big weight off my mind. So has the fact that she is in good hands. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest satchi
    Toss all blues and enjoy big time tomorrow! I will pm you my address, in case you want to share a piece of the cake with this adorable me. Happy anniversary girl,wishing love, luck and marital bliss for decades ....and decades!
    ....this scares me too. Seen some real terrible cases! Oh....it's tough!
    Mega

2 people like this.
  5. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Satchi,

First of all I am only entitled for the perks as the overwhelming responses you would be getting for this snippet. So I am looking forward to hearing from you of your plans to treat me.

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day for your Marriage Anniversary falling tomorrow.

Welcome to the club of amazing....amusing women. You would not have enough clue how much you made me feel better reading hilarious declaration of your wonderful emotions. I think we should start one special thread dedicated to women like us.

Love,
    Bhavna

3 people like this.
  6. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Oh Satchi...wattagirl !you are so adorable! And you are back..I'm so happy! Touchwood. I felt that I was reading what goes in my mind..if I have one,i.e.,..I have just been out grocery shopping ,wearing my t-shirt 'ulta' for the umpteenth time! Thank God for winter,as it requires me to wear a jacket. I have a long-pending post on these lines in my notepad,which I think I should complete and post here..maybe you can do me the honour of stopping by to read it

4 people like this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Firstly Sats, happy anniversary to you and R and May God bless you both with a lot of happiness . Have fun ! let there be no indecisiveness on this .you deserve a break so do have a lovely day. :)

Well...indecision? "as long as you have just first world problems count yourself lucky " is what I tell my daughter when she often asks me on what to wear and then decides on just the one I have not voted for :)

me ? I take my own decisions and stick to it, and very rarely with regrets except ...while ordering in a restaurant.
    why , oh why does someone else's plate look better than I ordered?:hide: and that's when I miss K very much because he doesn't mind exchanging with me LOL

6 people like this.
  8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi Am not that much talented to feedback nicely to ur snippets eventhough i just love it and love to given an Fb ( Unnai ennumbodhu kavithai kottudhu anaal varthai muttudhu:bonk) which i am embarrassed with my bad English:bowdown anyway pl adjust with ur last seat fan. i have many times felt sorry for the phases ur going thru, everything will pass over,......... prayers will be for u too.
    Happy anniversary to u Satchi :cheershave lots of fun.

5 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

Hi Megalife,

Thanks a lot dear. Have kept the entire cake for you and am waiting for you to arrive. :-D

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Hi Bhavna,

When are you coming over? There is one massive treat awaiting you. :-D Thanks a lot for the good wishes. Glad to belong to the same club as you and yes, the idea of a thread for the likes of us is a great idea. :-D