1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cant Trust Husband Anymore

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyanka12345, Sep 14, 2016.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Most of you know that my In laws had called parents and asked them to take me away from husbands house. Since me and husband were in pune i came to pune and stayed here .Later my husband cheated on me with friendship with girl and i had tough time making him realize his fault. We did not have any physical relation after that for more than 1.5 yrs.

Last month husband asked what i am looking for and I had told him that I need to be respected as wife and i can forgive him just for sake of we as family ( me my son and husband ) .Moreover I wont ever stay with In laws or come to mumbai home unless invited properly. Since they had asked me to get out from that house calling my parents they should be the one initiating things. Initially he agreed to stay separate for some yrs but then i said no its for lifetime. He agreed to it and we had a normal husband wife physical relation as well..

now husband wanted to go for ganpati to his uncle's place but wished we stay at ILs place in mumbai for weekend. I denied and said i wont come there to stay. Also son had ganpati group dance hence it would be very hectic for us. husband himself left alone informing me just at time of going. he did not inform when he will come back . When he came he came along with MIL FIL and his grandmom. They wanted to see son's dance it seems.

I was not even informed abt it that they will come.they came since last week and are still here. Even SIL BIL came over weekend since sons dance was on saturday. that time he clearly ignored me , did not talk. did not inform that SIL is coming with family. As a wife and if things are to be normal he should inform right? MIL was cooking non veg and bfast when SIL BIL were around showing that i dont work.
    Since we had new kitchen cabinets she did not know most of things so she would ask husband , husband would ask me and then i shoul dtell.. it was so humiliating. Wasnt it husband's duty to respect me as wife ( as promised ) and ask MIL to ask any kitchen things to me ?
    My son wanted to go in my brother's car for his dance function and husband did not come with us citing its my bro's car. Where are we as family if he cannot sit in the car. My bro and parents are in US so his car is with me. I sat in my FIL car when son had requested but he could not.

Now SIL went over weekend and MIL does not cook anything, I cook veggie in morning and evening for all and rice dal if required.

When SIL left he wanted to get physical as though nothing happened. I denied and cannot forgive husband. i trusted him again and he broke it.. if i am not being respected as his wife , then i do not wish to do any duties of a wife.. he cant take me for granted .

What I have thought is once ILS leave for Mumbai :

I am not going to cook for him and will share all expenses half.. just like room mates we stay in US. i will share the rent and all expenses. He will share all other .
    no more emotional, physical or financial benefits from him.
    atleast that way i wont be hurt that i am being used by husband for cooking when his relatives come, not respecting me as his wife and letting me know who is coming etc,.

Let me know if what i fee

2. PhoenixAwoken

PhoenixAwoken Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,
    Hugs to you.
    The problem here is the weak bond between you and your husband.
    For how many years have you been married? I guess you lived with ils soon after marriage. You didn't have the time and privacy to bond as a couple should.

Your husband ignored your feelings and pursued his own interests.

You mentioned that he cheated on you. Was it physical or emotional ? Did he confess or did you find out? Is he still in contact with that woman?

Not informing you about family matters is immature. He doesn't want to involve you in his family decisions.

I can see many shades of my own plight in your story. Some men never change.

I'll also give this clichéd advice:: be independent, if you are not working already.

Keep your finances to yourself. No joint accounts.

Or move to USA , divorce this guy. You may find the right partner. Yes, get out of the gutter.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. PhoenixAwoken

PhoenixAwoken Bronze IL'ite

Dear,
    You can't live like roommates with your husband. There's always an expectation of showing affection and little gestures. It will only make you more miserable.
    Try marriage counselling.
    Talk your husband - tell him you want a loving relationship with him and build a life together.. ask him how both can this out..
    If he's not interested, don't waste your life with him.

soulful and minn1 like this.
  4. priyanka12345

Hi,
    I have tried going to marriage counsellor alone. They asked me to move out and stay seperate knowing my condition.
    I have stayed without physical need for 1.5 yrs .. I never missed it from a person like husband.. it was he who was after it and agreed that he will respect me and treat me properly. HE will think abt me and son as first family and then about others. I did give him chance last month thinking all will be well.. now he again has started with his humiliation and insults .
    When Divorce topic had come and MIL SIL were asking him toi take divorce he did not.. he always shows he wants to work it but then goes back to being same as before.
    This time he promised me and i went ahead with normal husband wife relation and again he ditched me. I am nowhere interested in taking these insults.So now how do I go ahead and believe him anytime?

Hence I plan to show him that am over with this and wil lstay for sake of son. The feeling of being used makes me miserable. Its like behave nicely when u need intimacy and then ignore to core when ILs and SILS are there.. whats the use of this so called affection? I would be better staying as roomies because I hate him so much that i dont even feel to go near him .

5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

OP,

This kind of tug of war will happen between husband and wife over and over again. When the "storm" is over, get back to normal routine as a family.

There is no point in holding grudge against each other. Forgive and forget is the key to run the family.

I don't think your DH planned everything in advance; your DH's family may have insisted to tag along at the last minute and just like you, he could be also in the same state of mind, afraid to call you to inform about their arrival.

Do your best to treat your ILs; Think of them as elders, and they are not a threat to you; Just act civilized and treat them respectfully when you meet them in person; No need to prepare extensively for their stay; A little kindness goes a long way.

Between husband and wife, there shouldn't be any rules. Be flexible; Take it easy, go with flow.

deeprapriya, JGVR and Rampuri9 like this.
  6. priyanka12345

husband was well aware and hence had taken leave as well for a week. so he was well informed and had knowledge abt it. even he knew SIL was coming from thrusday.. he did not inform.. so basically he does not want to tell and wants to be as husband wife .

7. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Hugs to you dear.

Men like your's and my hubby change when his side of family are around. My husband is exactly same .Even if he never shows love/affection/care even when only two of us are alone , but with in-laws and SILs around , he just changes for worst. He wouldnt talk to me , wouldnt inform me for what he is planning and whats happening in advance. So every time if someone from his family come to visit us or we go to visit them , i go through so much of emotional stress.

If he is good to you all other time ,aprt from when ILs are around , not sure if you can let it go accepting he is always like that around his family . Luckily you are not living with his family.

Physical intimacy bit as well , most men are like that i think , my hubby keeps away from me if he is showing silent treatment or giving me emotional torture , but when he wants to make it work ,he would just sulk in .sometimes i let it go , sometimes i say NO, not sure how to react on that side of business myself.

8. priyanka12345

We are married for 8 yrs and 4 yrs of affair in same college.yes started living with ils and divorced sil.initial 3 yrs husband supported me.in pregnancy he started supporting ils.

Emtional cheating.physical hug and handshake .I found out and he wad denying.out

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priyanka

First of all you must know who is your husband, and his limits by now. You have been married for a long time, and knew each other before.
    Not every person is same.
    From all your posts and threads here, I understood one thing about your husband. He changes when PILs are around, but behaves cool when no one is here.
    You and him have problems related to his folks. He is less likely to leave them. At the same time, he doesn't wanna leave you either.
    So, such problems should be expected every time he interacts with his folks.
    That's his design.

Now that you have a choice to accept him as who he is, or reject him altogether. You can even selectively accept a few of his shortcomings and reject the other, but the choice should be yours. See what is convenient for you.

If I were you, I would have expected this from my H's talks well in advance.
    For ex: My H brings his folks to the house. But there are certain areas like kitchen, bed-room... These are my territory. Others cant enter or entertain there without my permission.
    This is a ground rule that I have established with my husband well before we think about others. He too has his own area, like pooja space for example. No one is allowed there unless he agrees. I respect that too.

So, if ILs or their folks visit, it is me who works in the kitchen. I get a cook or maid to support if there are too many people. I plan the menu, I assign the tasks. Others can help, but with my permission. Others can request a special menu. But it is my decision to cook them or buy them from outside.
    My husband respects that.
    If he doesn't respect, I would confront. The issue is not about my folk, vs your folks. It is something about us.

If ILs visit you, keep them as visitors. Don't expect your H to behave lovey dovey with you.
    Ignore his behavior and pretend as if you did not notice him.
    Be yourself. Don't amend any of your plans for them. Learn to enjoy your day.
    And more importantly expect all this as a matter of routine.
    If you expect your H to be nicer before in laws, then all you will get in return is some disappointment.

superwoman09 and deeprapriya like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...if you are the one taking care of the 'guests' then he has no business keeping you in the dark.

Tell him if he does this again...he can take care of the guests himself.

As for him wanting sex after treating you like furniture.....you are right.
    You are a human being and deserve to be treated with love in return for love.
    Instead of sulking...tell him straight to the point.
    "Learn to treat me like a wife deserves to be treated if you want to be treated like a husband."
    Let him work really hard at pleasing you. If he knows how much effort he has to put in to get his wife back...he may learn to treat you better next time in front of his family.
    Another way is to gently advice and remind him next time his family is around .
    "Please don't treat me like furniture again now that your family is around...because you know how long it will take for things to get back to normal"

Lakshmi6197 and guesshoo like this.