1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can't a women stay alone after divorce

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vivbass, May 14, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    i want to discuss regarding divorce. can't a women lead her life alone after divorce??? if she is not happy with him if he is unable to make his wife happy,lots of troubles from inlaws,no respect in family,no one to care abt,so many issues like this...y she should expect love,respect from others, can she stay alone & do whatever she wants...
    Defl'y parents & society won't accept this,but if she is not well educated and financially can't she stand in her own leg without any danger or support from others????if she don't care abt society & fl'y,can't she stay alone & live happily with her little earnings???:confused:

1 person likes this.

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

yes, she can be very well be happy by herself. with out any pressures from all those people around her which comes thro' the marriage. If women is independent and doesn't care about society..she can be happy living single..
    that's why in USa lot of divorces happen!

3. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

That is very true ! I too think like this ...
    But then comes the question of loneliness ...At the age of 50 ,Can you imagine a life of living all alone in a flat with nobody to talk with ,nobody to share your thoughts and activity with !
    Believe me it is very very difficult ...I know many ppl who goes through that in life.During their young age they were happy and carefree .....but now at olden age they are feeling lonely and scared.
    Friends will be there ...but they will have their own family to look after ..so you cant depend on them for emotional support all the time !
    I am not saying that for this reason ladies should take all the crap from men,there is no point of staying in a relationship if we are not happy ...
    But this is the situation we are in today’s world.
    I feel we are stuck....maybe we have to decide which pain is better.

This is just my opinion.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

One does not have to come to 50 to be alone, men being men their priorities have always taken the first place, so we have been living from young.
    Only thing we take up the other responsibility, of rearing the children, and once they grow leave the nest with their spouse, that is the time the loneliness bites into, none to speak to, u know by that time the body looses its longingness but the mind never ceases its activity. A nice companion during these years is a longing, but the woman is so meticulous in her younger years, it is tough for her to come to terms to accept anyone for that matter as a partner, but yes any is better than nothing at all, if we can get someone who vibe well with us may be we might consider having them as partners,small little gestures, go a long way, i think during the later years even men, dont mind taking a lady to take care of them, i am of the opinion may be that is why older people find more solace in an old age home, because they have company,of the same age group and dont feel let out, atleast they have the same cause to discuss about, that their children have gone away, now we can't blame the children too, when we were young we had our family needs more than parents..regards sunkan

5. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

I guess divorce after kids is something ladies can cope up with .....Just imaginge divorce even before having kids ..
    One of my friend got married and had lot of issues with her hubby within few months of her marriage ...now she is living alone and also she doesnt have any sibling ...only father ...who also lives in a town.
    We are all worried of her plight after her father ....and she is strong in her decision of not getting married again....she has lost her trust in the marriage relationship...
    I dont know how many other women are like her ....

6. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    well i think women can live single after a divorce.if she can support herself well then wats the problem.and i think if the society also accepts such people as normal and treat as they used to then there are no issues.one of my friends had a divorce after 3years of horrible married life but today she has climbed up the corporate ladder and is a top executive of one of the companies in india.
    regards
    pavithra

7. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

I think if ur divorced at a early age 20s-30s you should look to give it a second try....living alone can be very tough at such a young age

Its different with americans ...they can be single and still mingle...funny side apart ....i think we do need a partner at this age...its just natural and something one shud seriously consider if they are young

And yes... being divorced is better than sticking around in a marriage which is a failure and doesnt seem like improving

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear vivbass,

A WOMAN CAN NEVER LIVE ALONE - DEFINITELY NOT IN THIS WORLD.
    I'm talking about any women not just a divorceee.
    There does seem to be a lot of changes in the recent past- I do know of a friend who didn't want to marry and her parents supported her and she is doing very well - she is well educated, in a hi-fly job. Imagine the same girl without support from parents then her life would be a little difficult. whether educated or not so educated, the minute the society knows a woman is alone, her life is always under speculation.
    Also, as a human, we are social animals and we can't live alone - we do need someone to share ourselves with. one has to be toooooooooooooooooo content not to expect or share herself. If one is good within with good thoughts and deeds I'm sure she'll find someone worth to share her life with. divorce isn't the end of the world but it's indeed a new beginning for many.

Regards,

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    this divorce discussion is just my thought,not in my personal life.
    i want to discuss abt this becoz my cousin suffered,suffering with her hubby,inlaws,poor girl she don't have any option,she is still staying with them becoz for her kids.:cry: