Candle light vigil - Please Help Stop Cruelty to Animals

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sumiram, Feb 18, 2011.

1. sumiram

sumiram New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Animal lovers all over India are holding a candle light vigil on Saturday to show solidarity and stop cruelty to animals. This is coming in the wake of the incident that happened on Feb 2 at Lucknow, where a man named DHANANJAY CHAURASIA shot 5 puppies and crushed a pregnant female, killing her. HE IS ABSCONDING SINCE 2ND FEB AND POLICE IS TRYING TO FIND HIM.

So, as I said, animal lovers all over India have decided to show that there are people who care for the animals and would be ready to take up the cause on behalf of the voiceless. I'm not sure if I can post a link here. Let me try anyway. Here is the facebook link to the details about the event:

Login | Facebook

This is happening all over India in more than ten cities. If you are in Chennai and interested, please report to Anokhi Coffee Shop on Chamiers Road tomorrow Firday, 18th at 18:00 (6 PM) for a pre protest briefing and planning session.

Please pm me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Sumithra

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Please have a look at this:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/123311-its-a-dogd-life.html#post1617125

Holding candle light vigil for one day may give a 'feel good' feeling. As do various runs, music shows and such. They just still a disturbed conscience. Doing something day after day without any visible returns is tough.

I respect all life. I do not kill any thing, even poisonous things like scorpions and snakes. I hesitate to use insecticides. Rather prefer avoidance techniques and preventive measures both in the garden and in the house.

Having said that, I am no animal lover. Let them be is my philosophy.

Arunadhri

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Sumithra,

Thanks for posting this.I too saw this in FaceBook.Will try to participate!

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sumithra for bringing to our notice..
    Very sad and another don't care attitude of the person involved in this cruel incident.
    Don't know whether I can participate in the candlelight vigil on Saturday..but I can show my support by lighting a lamp in my house related to this.

sriniketan