Cancer Deaths

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by Happysoul1234, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

It's been a tough week for me mentally friends. My Bhabhi's Bhabhi lost her 22 year old brother to bone cancer last week. Yesterday, one of my DH's colleagues lost his wife to brain cancer barely a month after she gave birth to their 1st child. They discovered the cancer when she was 22 weeks pregnant and had to get the child out at 28 weeks so that the mom could begin chemotherapy. But the mom did not make it :cry:.

2 people whom I have never met but their deaths shook me to the core. My heart bleeds for the parents of the 22 year old son ... don't know how they are coping. I cry when I think of a precious little girl who will never know her mom. I don't know how the husband is dealing with the situation. I imagine myself in their shoes and just don't know how I would do in a similar situation. Cannot do anything but pray for them.

Please remember them in your prayers friends, especially for the loved ones left behind.

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

My prayers to the bereaved family.
    -Nitha

3. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Cancer its agony starts the day you --or whoever know they have -starts --the treatment--the pain the hopes...regaining after every treatment --and going down after --the news of its spread---another operration is done if it is in a removable area--again treatment ...in the end the agony of painful death..my God I can go on My both parents died from it....My sis-in-law 12 year daughter died after 3 operations...just thinking itself my heart starts paining --think of the hoplesses they face---and after their death ...thier Near and dear ones go though another hell...It is the only time I think god is not fair ...but this is ...their way to go----God help the mother of the 22 year son ---she needs all the help possible --and to the husband and babymay god protect them and give them mental peace

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

It is so sad that so many members of your family faced the wrath of cancer. How did you overcome? The people I talked about are people I never met and yet my heart can's stop weeping for them. How can you be strong when facing it with people you know and love? You are right, god is really really unfair in these circumstances.

5. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Very Pathetic!!!!!
    My heart-felt prayers are with them.

6. sublakshmi

sublakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Firstly, I pray to god that let him peace of mind to both the families. As malliga quotes even I feel the same that god very unfair... It is very horrible to even hear somebody diagnosed with cancer. The last two yrs was really hell to me as my was with the same problem. Two operations, countless days spent in hospital...Each day with the promising words from doctor that she is in better condition but the moment she leaves hospital she used to suffer breathlessness then again admit her in emergency then again hope in mind everything is going on well but suddenly u will come to know conditions are worst. Again tests again hospital recurrance of it. Oh God it is really hell for both patient and caretakers. Sad thing about the disease is that the patient is in good senses that u cant accept that he is going to die. Each day we used to see my mother her hopes and confident that she is going to be alive it used to kill us. Above all my mother didnt know she was suffering with cancer because the one word she hated in her life was cancer. so we informed she was having some other problem how many lioe we had to speak,. Only prayers can help us to get relieved though many times we thought God was so unjust to my mother who was so prayful dedicated soft person and never illtreated anybody was punished with such disease . It is only the prayer which will bring peace to our life,If a family looses somebody to cancer never in their life they forget their horrible days. If leaves such big scar in yr heart.

7. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Dear Pmahensa,
    My condolences go out to both families. I will keep them in prayers. One loss is a lot to deal with, two? May god give you and your family strength to cope with this. When something like this happens, we often ask ourselves how we would deal with it.
    Not to take away from your loss, I am still trying to find ways to help my siblings, my brother's family and myself grieve my brother's passing. This Sunday marks one year since he departed us.
    Stay strong and give all the support you can to the families.
    God Bless!
    Oopall!