1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Cancer Awareness Day : Feb 4th

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by meenakrishnan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    February 4th is World Cancer Day.
    The date was declared `World Cancer Day’ to mark the anniversary of the first World Summit Against Cancer in Paris in 2000, at which a global charter against cancer was launched.
    Being a Breast cancer survivor, I request all of you to spread awareness and help your friends , relatives and neighbours know the importance of complete health check up .Early detection can save life, minimise the side effects of treatment and reduce difficulty for near and dear ones.
    How you can help;
    Talk to them casually about regular complete checkup once they are above 35
    Encourage anti-smoking campaigns
    Importance of healthy diet and regular exercise.
    Help with links of cancer related sites like BreastCancer.org - Breast Cancer Treatment Information and Pictures
    Thank you
    Love
    Meena

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Re: Request to ILs

Hi Meena,

Thanks for your noble Thread. I shall certainly spread the awareness among the people I know. I can understand your situation. God Bless :kiss

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Meena
    This is a wonderful thread you have started, I know many ladies after 35 don't want to go for a full checkup.
    I can understand what you might have gone through and bringing it up to help all the ladies. Thanks for this will send this site to all my friends.
    Thanks for sharing this information.

4. meenakrishnan

Dear Aabhi and Aruna,
    Thanks a lot for you prompt fbs.
    With God's grace I am fine now .I have seen four people die of cancer recently.That too untimely death .Such things shatter me completely and I don't have enough mental strength to see the near ones weep.
    Glad to see your readiness to help.
    Love
    Meena

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

meena,

thank you so much to start a thread like this, which is very useful for all ladies.
    may the divine power protect you, guide you, lead you in all your work, in all your activities, in all places , day and night

padma

6. meenakrishnan

Dear Padma,
    Moved by your touching kind wishes.Thank you for the fb.
    Liked ur signature.Am trying to make a difference by my presence (which is God's mercy)in this world.We'll know the imporatance of life and all our blessings, only when we face testing times..
    Love
    Meena

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  7. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear meena

how r u

yes when we face testing times we know the importance of our life into this earth.

we want to live more in this world, to be supportive to those who are suffering similarly like us.

love
    padma

8. meenakrishnan

Dear Padma,
    I am fine,Thank you....
    Keep in touch.....
    Love
    Meena

9. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Hi,Cancer is a very devastating disease. However if detected early can be curable. The treatment process and the suffering a patient undergoes is very traumatic. My mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer when I was 15 years old. It was in second stage when it was found. My mother underwent treatment at Kidwai Oncology Institute in Bangalore and thanks to all the doctors, she recovered well and even today after 20 years,we always think of the service the doctors there provide to a variety of Cancer patients at nominal price and the attitude of the people there is really great. The expertise of the doctors there at Kidwai is really great.I am posting it here so that people know of the Kidwai Oncology Institute in Bangalore. Thanks

10. meenakrishnan

Dear Sushma,
    Thanks for sharing the valuable information.
    I was also diagonised of 2nd stage breast cancer two years back.Had 6 chemos and 30 radiations. It is the time one needs maximum family support.God only gave me strength to tolerate everything.I am fine now after 2 years.
    Please convey my regards to your mother .
    Love
    Meena

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008