1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Pr Visa Express Entry And The Aftermath!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by BerryPine, Jan 11, 2018.

I have migrated _____

1. With family

100.0%
  2. As a Single mother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone!

I would like to understand the "what comes after" the Canada PR visa stamp. How difficult/easy to get a job? Settling period pros and cons.

Are you a good story teller? Pls go ahead and tell us your journey,tips,warnings,caution message.

PS:I posted it here as I want to know only from those who migrated to Canada through PR.

2. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

I am not a Canadian PR and I dont want to change course of the question asked - but I am intrigued. Could you please tell me why you are opting for Canada ? Could you please list some pros and cons ? I am assuming you are now in the US.

3. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

I'm not in US. I am also curious to know about why Canada,how it makes life better(or not better).

4. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

Canada is a huge country and very diverse socio-economically. Replies may be specific to certain areas. I think if you add some more detail to your question you may get meaningful replies ?

Like when you ask how easy it is to get a job - adding what sort of field/job you are after will attract somewhat accurate replies. Same for settling in - settling as a family ? as a couple ? Single ? Are you after good schools ? etc.
    You get the gist.

5. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

I am in Canada, I moved here in September 2017. What one should know about moving here is as follows :

1. Getting PR is not difficult if you are roughly an under 30 college grad with three or more years of relevant experience and a good grasp at English -- read 8.0 or above in all skills of IELTS.

2. Jobs in Canada are plenty if you are looking at driving taxi, waiting tables, cashier in malls, sales representative, cooks etc.

3. Any job dealing with engineering -- leaving IT-- will be extremely hard. This is because you will need to walk the red-tape of professional engineering requirements. Applies to medical as well. Construction jobs too.

4. All Canadian companies are extremely partial for hiring locals. PR etc comes last. This is more of a HR problem though.

5. Settling in is hard. Specially in Vancouver and Toronto. Because of many reasons, rentals are in short supply in both places and rents are sky high. One single bedroom apartment in 20 mins radius of business centre will be north of 2000 dollars. Plus if you don't close it soon, it will be gone in 2-3 days.

Okay now my story. I had Australia PR since 2014 but I wanted to live in North America. US was out because of Trump and GC wait. So Canada it will be. Found a girl who was not too attached to India, married her and job which allowed me to move abroad. Employer takes care of visa and PR. Off I come to Vancouver. My wife is searching for a job, trying to get her to take up a degree from Canada but she is reluctant. Even with massive support from my employer it was a bumpy ride. Paying 2500+ cad in rent is no fun. No chance of ever buying a house in Canada, all real estate are north of 1.5 million dollars.

sumalynux, Ranchu, Gouri9 and 3 others like this.
  6. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Thanks many for your inputs. This is what is exactly I was looking for.

7. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

8. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I need a help.
    hi,

I don’t know whether asking in this thread is right or wrong. But I don’t find any latest thread regarding this.

We are in Seattle and planning for a trip to Vancouver and we like to explore Canada.

No one is in Canada for us so we are booking a hotel to stay,can u pls suggest me how to plan a trip ..we are planning to come by our car.

1. How to plan a Vancouver and other Canada trip
    2.what are the places to c in Vancouver and other cities
    3.what r the things we should taken care during our Canada trip.
    5.v r planning to visit by May or April end. How is the climate in Vancouver now