1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can you suggest any beauty parlour in Woburn,Ma

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by auserid8, Apr 23, 2009.

1. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hello preethi...

Just dropped by to say hi...

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

That was sweet of you , Vanitha ! :) HI :hiya

So, hows Woburn treating you ?? What have you been doing ?

3. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Woburn is good.. slowly setting the house.We are on the lookout for furniture and car so weekends go off in that,apart from that the daily household routine is there.... I havent made any friends yet in our apartment so sort of getting bored at home. I was working down in India but after coming here I have been a house wife.... In NJ also it was the same but slowly I joined the YMCA near by and made good amount of friends in the apt. My next door neighbour had a baby so I had good time with him too.. .Here I keep coming out now and then and have a look at the corridor only to find the silence and not a sign of anybody :(
    Havent got into a schedule strictly so lazing around not doing anything worthwhile apart from cooking food for lunch and dinner....

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Oh .. what happened to the car you had in NJ ? You could have got it here couldnt you ? It is soo difficult without a car isnt ? How is your hubby travlng now ? Is your house on buslines ?

You must be trying on craigslist isnt ? There is a YMCA close to my place..

I know Woburn is very different when compared to NJ :) Silence is the mantra here ! But not really ok.. I was jokng..

Hey you said.. Kimball court.. is it close to Beacon and next to westgate.. There is another IL friend living there.. She was at my place last evening. She is a friend of Sumasandeep. Her name is Namrata.. I dont know her user id in IL though.

How about quickly reaching the 50 posts target to get PM facility ?? Once you get Private messaging.. we could get in touch :)

5. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

:D We havent had a car since we came to the US. In NJ all groceries were just across the street,so I could go without the need of a car or wait for my husband :) He used to work in NY so takes the train to go.... We are now looking for a car and also a sofa set :) weekends go off hunting for furniture apart from buying groceries.
    Kimball court is the one close to westgate dr. Kimball towers is right behind our apt. Wow someone here in this apt. I would like to meet her.... how do u get to know the no.of posts??

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Yeah.. in NJ you really dont need a car isnt ? :) But how do you travel outside the city ? Havent you travelled anywhere else ? How long since you have been in US ?

You can check craigslist for the couch. You get really good ones.. though used. If you insist on new ones.. Ikea is a good store... :)

You said you live in Kimbal court right. Yeah that is next to westgate. Another IL friend lives there. I dont know which appartment..

You can note the number of posts on the upper right hand side of your header. You see your user name and status on the upper left isnt ? On the same line towards right you have your join date, city, state, country, posts and referrals.. Right now you are on 24 posts.. you have 26 more to go to become a junior ILite and BINGO ! You will have Private messaging access ! :)

7. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

how did ur weekend go? Ours went off like usual - checking on Building 19 and then did groceries. It so happens that morning we leave home after breakfast(only proper meal that I prepare during weekends :( ) and come home only by 4pm in the evening. We rent a car(that my hubby gets to practise) and then go searching :)
    It takes away our weekend completely. EOD we become so tired.

In NJ, I was staying on Oak tree road - the indian street so grocery shopping wasnt a problem at all...Just in case we needed to buy something in bulk our friends used to take us.. having stayed there for along time now... we had good friends. Sometimes we used to take the cab as well. Doctors,malls etc was very close especially indian eateries :) which I very much miss now. We have gone to a few places,somehow managed without a car :)

I have been here for 3 years now. And all 3 years without a car.
    Yeah you told me ur friend - Namarata stays here. Will be really nice if I get to meet someone.
    So how did ur weekend go??

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Our weekend went in just lazing at home, Vanitha. We have bought home a new Play Station 3. So the both of us keep taking turns on playing games ! I usually get bored after playing a couple of times .. but my hubby can just go on and on till he develops beard !

He insists on me talking to him when he is playing and that is soo irritating ! Now, we are looking to buy another joystick so that both of us can compete with each other ! :)

We had a birthday party in the evening on Sat. So, whatever was cooked on Friday night ( we had some guests ) moved on to Sunday afternoon. So no cooking. My hubby likes to sew so he was busy stitching a skirt for me on Sunday and I was busy modelling for him ! :) I was also watching movies and my fav Sound of Music was showing.

Now, me , Suma and Namrata are going for a movie in the afternoon. :) You finish your 50 post mark soon and send me your email id.. I shall get in touch and will introduce you to Namrata.

The coming weekend we are plannin to go to a cultural program and feast nearby. :) If it is to hog me and my hubby will go to any culture !! ;)

9. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

wow a PS3, we having thinking whether to buy a PS3 or a Wii cos I dont like shooting games and speed games on PS3. But my husband likes it. And as you said even my husband can play games for long.... so getting one gives me an excuse that we can play as a family :)
    so how was the movie yday???

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Good ! Guess what ? I was in Kimball court yesterday. I was at Namrata's place between 4.30 to 7.. :) Nice location. She is plannin to move to Kimball towers in June.

We had been to 17 again.. Quite an emotional movie .. a fultoosh time pass. :)

Enjoyed it though and then chit chatting is something anyone would love isnt ? :)