Can You Help Out?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jey, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I can't see Unanswered Threads or New Threads if not logged in. Can only see Latest Replies.

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That's the intended behavior. :thumbup:

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Yes I can see it

4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Jey, the unanswered questions list has gotten annoyingly long . So I am going on a praise showering spree for the poems/snippets in that section :grinning:

Some of the others are more informational (dare I say ads) about services provided, maybe we want a separate forum for that, if that’s allowed at all.

5. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Naari that's excellent. That's what I was hoping someone would do. I know it looks a bit artificial now but if we are a community where someone who comes to self-express is assured of at least one thoughtful feedback, it's a pleasant thing and encourages people to share their stuff.

On the second part, I am also keenly observing what "type" of threads end up stagnating there. So far what I am seeing is that "local recommendations" are the one stagnating there.

Naari likes this.
  6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Yes agree, the kinds that ‘yelp’ here could help. Wondering if there’s nothing such as yelp in India? Can’t still be by word of mouth.

7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

@Jey - I could not see the Unanswered Threads below Latest Replies,however i can see New Threads. I checked it after i logged in IL.

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Jey,

Your point is valid that something is better than nothing, however, we need to be careful about that something. I like your emphasis on a thoughtful feedback and not any feedback.

If I were one of those literary aspirants posting jaunty blogs and in return I notice a cursory ack then I am dejected more than delighted. For I would have seen through that artifice and felt betrayed more than rejoiced at a non-zero count. Again, this is pertinent only for 'literary' posts as 'inquiring' posts are a different kettle of fish where replyless is not an affront to one's public esteem, whereas, for the fledgling literarists, a timely boost acts as a catalyst to integrate them into the community and a not-so-forthcoming response discriminates them. But if that boost is a mock-up then it nullifies any beneficial uptake from that goodwill.

In short, emphasise that it has to be "thoughtful" and not a flippant ack.

In long, it would be nice if we could pull together a dedicated 'cheer squad' from the moderator team or enthusiastic volunteers to rally replies not only with courtesy but with competency and earnestness in their review and feedbacks. Reviewing and writing feedbacks is not an onerous task for people who love a bit of writing themselves.

I admire the sentiments behind this initiative and I hope that "thoughtful" sentiment is given enough consideration and manifests in the spirit of that reciprocal writing. For instance, I could have replied to you: "wow, "great"," excellent", "cute", "nice weather, eh", or engaged you with what I had written.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Jey likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Moved to "Suggestions & Feedback".

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018