Can You Change Your Destiny ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shravs3, Sep 24, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@poovai Yes that's what I feel. Destiny cannot be changed!

Well said. Yes when we are in difficult situation, praying wholeheartedly, reduces the stress and gives the strength to overcome anything

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I and my hubby had a discussion regarding the same.
    He says one can change the destiny with good karma(Praying to God, Doing religious stuff, help the needy etc).
    But I was telling one cannot change the fate just by praying. Definitely, Good karma weightage might increase doing these things, but I think none can change the destiny. I may be wrong too :thinking:
    For me praying is something to reduce my worries and asking God for help and to overcome things peacefully!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I believe life is a gift to us to eliminate our encryption that are recorded but not decipherable by human effort. We experience pleasure and pain in real life but unable to relate it to encryption. Our objective is to realize we are not this body, mind and intellect nor we are diminutive ego but pure and unsullied consciousness. For doing that we need to remove ignorance and gain knowledge. Besides we need to remove encryption that we already have. The way to do that is to seek consciousness with full devotion, call by whatever name we would like to call it and be ready to sacrifice anything to seek consciousness. Now, if we follow the path of Bhakti Yoga, then, recitation of the name of our choice (Mantras), performing worship to the God/Goddess (Pooja) and sacrifice into fire (Homa) are followed as purification process. If we follow the Gyana Yoga, then, reading and assimilation knowledge of the scriptures (pooja), leading a simple life (sacrifice) to teach that knowledge to other beings and experience what is impermanent to recognize what is real (mantra) are essential. If we follow Karma Yoga, then, purifying our mind (mantra), perform act of service to the humanity and other beings (sacrifice) and seek selflessness (pooja).

To answer your question, all three Yogas help eliminate encryption that we have in our soul and liberate it. We have a narrow mind-read concept called destiny. Destiny for every soul is to reach the consciousness and there is always an urge to reach the consciousness. We have a limited sense of destiny in each life when it is only one part of the soul's journey. The one who purifies the mind quickly that is filled with thoughts coming from our past encryption can cure and eliminate the need to come back again.

It depends on what we call as Karma and what we call as destiny. In my view, the destiny of all lives is to achieve Blissful state. Regarding Karma, there are three types known as a) Sanchita, b) Parabda and c) Agami Karmas. Sanchita is what I called above as encryption, Parabda is one that is created in present life out of our current actions and Agami is what future results we cause from our present actions creating Karma.
    Karma creates a cycle of birth/death and therefore, what we perceive in our mind as destiny is caused by Karma.

Note: I hope the above clarifications help understand it is difficult to relate what we do now and what happens in the present life. Cause and effect doesn't necessarily happen in the same life unless we have no encryption left in our memories.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  4. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

@shravs3 good question. The same thing was going through in my mind from few months. I do wonder even after doing so much poojas havans people are in sorrow what is the use of it. This is just my opinion. I believe in God, Daily morning I just pray to god that's. I don't go to the temple, I don't follow any rituals. I always believe time, what you do, be good to other is the god. Regarding Chanting shlokas always I think this way might be those deviates attention to the different way like one will concentrate what they are chanting not miss the flow or miss words in between so our complete concentration will on shlokas so that's how one feel peacefulness. I don't believe in spending money on poojas, havans, I always feel its fear business. People are taking advantage of it. I feel instead of spending on pooja or havan they can invest the same money on something or give it to someone in need. I do this.

Thyagarajan, nakshatra1 and shravs3 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the explanation sir. I am still a novice in understanding these concepts. Hopefully one day things gets cleared.
    As you mentioned all these things are encrypted well with good algorithm. Need to understand this algorithm which is very complex.
    The state of blissfulness is what we need.

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes you are right!
    Sometimes I wonder the same
    Very true. Instead of donating huge money to temples, it’s good to donate people who are helpless

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3,

I always enjoy reading your posts and even questions. I wish I was like you when I was young with such wonderful questions. There is one other thought I would like to leave here. Have you ever thought of where our thoughts are coming from? They are coming out of this encryption. Observing our thoughts is one way to crack the encryption. That is what learned people call as understanding the purpose of life.

Viswa

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot sir. Feeling humbled :worship2:

9. StephanieWood

StephanieWood New IL'ite

In some particular decisive moments, you can simply take another branch of your life. But in general this is impossible, it seems to me

shravs3 likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Dear @shravs3 :) You ask tough questions!

You are the architect of your own life. You write your own destiny.

You may be pre-destined to win a Nobel Prize, but you are not going to get there without putting in the hard work.

Prayer, like meditation, centers you and helps you focus on your goal. It's not a magic bullet that will override all other factors.

In the end, we all have the same destiny — but we get to choose what we do along the way. Life is a series of choices. Keep making the right ones.