1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can we study on H4 status? Or need to change to F1?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by josh, Aug 24, 2006.

1. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

Re: Can we study in H4 status?

Hi Vanitha,
    To answer ur questions:
    1. If u have got the admission in the university, even though it is for fall, u can not do any courses now as an open university student. Because for them, even though ur MS didn't start, they consider u as a regular student.
    2. Even if u have not applied for MS, go and talk to Computer Science department educational counselor in the university with ur bachelor's degree marks sheets and ask if u need to do any prerequisites in order to do the MS. Once u know what prereqs u got, u can then search in any community colleges in ur area for those courses.
    Generally, the university will allow u to transfer upto 2 courses from other univ or colleges. So by the time u join in MS i.e. in fall u could complete 2 prereqs.

regards

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Any H4 to F1 cases here ?

I would like to know anyone here is starting school this fall or anyone who has ever converted their visa status from H4 to F1 ?
    I have few questions regarding the conversion, staying in US.
    Thanks in advance ladies :)

3. swapnak

swapnak New IL'ite

study on h4

Hi gals, this is swapna new to this community.I am staying in harrisburg, PA.I came to US 2 months back.I did bsc in computers in india and i want to continue my studies here by doing BS in computers .Can any one give me suggestion who did or doing bs here.What are the steps should i need to take to complete BS.can u gals suggest me the best ways to compete the BS in here as soon as possible.
    ur help would be highly appreciated
    thanks in advance
    swapna

4. joylava

joylava New IL'ite

Any one doing any certificate Courses ?

Hi everyone,

I am on H4 visa too and have been thru all the phases of boredom and solitude..I want to do some part-time certificate courses or MBA or MS if it is affordable..

Has any one joined any course or studying in a community college??

Can anyone guide me with the formalities to join a college or courses which is suitable for housewivesComputer Typing

Please come out with suggestions and information..

1 person likes this.
  5. mail2ruchira

mail2ruchira New IL'ite

Re: Any H4 to F1 cases here ?

Yes- I converted from H4 to F1 in 2007 and then last year converted it to H1.

I joined full time MBA and converted to F1 halfway through my studies to enable me to do internship. Let me know if you have any specific questions

6. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Re: Any one doing any certificate Courses ?

Me too looking for study options, can someone guide? What certificate would benefit us later? I have degree in english literature but want to do something that'll fetch a job later. Plese suggest.

7. nishavikky

nishavikky New IL'ite

Hi Ruchira,
    I am B.Com Graduate, from Mumbai University, and want to pursue MBA in US on H4/F1 visa. I have given MMS CET this year '08. I would like to know, whether doing an MBA from a good college here in Mumbai/India would allow me to fetch job there in US OR do I need to study in US if I come with my husband to US on H4.

Please reply, help would be appreciated :)

Thanks
    Nisha V panchal:thankyou2:

8. lipa123

lipa123 New IL'ite

Re: Can we study in H4 status?

hi Shal ,

can u please tell me what is the cost of MS in HRM and do I need to have a GRE , or GMAT score. is TOEFEL needed for this course.

bye
    Lipa

9. lipa123

lipa123 New IL'ite

hi ,

can u plz update me with the details of MBA course ? what about the cost ? is TOEFEL needed in addition to GMAT. how to convert to F1 once i get admitted to any full time MBA program ?

bye
    Lipa

10. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Anshul and m joining this thread. I will be moving to US in next two months time.I have done MBA in HR. since i will be on H4 i know i cant work.
    can any one please suggest me some advance courses on HR which i can pursue?

Cheers,
    Anshul