Can we start exercising in the 4th month of pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cutiepie66, Jan 17, 2014.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I was 71 kg in June 2013. I worked hard to lose weight as I tried to get pregnant. Lost weight in October 2013. My weight was 60 kg and I got pregnant in the same month. Now, I am in 4th month. My weight fluctuates between 61.5 kg and 63 kg. Is this normal?? I could also see a bump. But am not sure whether it is bump or my tummy (because of my overeating). Can I start doing exercise now? If so what kind of exercise can I do?

2. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Re: Are there any OB / Gyn / Pediatricians in Indusladies?

How did u lose 11 kgs in 5 months ? faintingsmiley Please share ur diet and exercise chart.. It may help us..

1 person likes this.
  3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Nothing much. Didn't restrict myself too much. 5 Km walking in the morning and 3 km in the evening. 20 minutes exercise in the morning and evening. So a total of 1.5 hrs workout in the morning and 1 hour work out in the evening. Breakfast including 3 idlis or 2 dosa. Lunch - 2 chapathis and vegetables + a spoon of curd rice. 3 litres of water. Dinner before 9 which may include 3 idlis or 2 dosas. Limited the sweet intake (didn't avoid though). That's it.

1 person likes this.
  4. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Aaaahhh I almost fainted faintingsmiley This is waayyy too much for me.. I would rather choose to stay overweight ;-)

1 person likes this.
  5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

But it was actually not very difficult. You will enjoy the result:) Now, whoever looks at me is stunned:) I feel good and confident :)Once you start it, you iwll get used to it.

1 person likes this.
  6. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

I weighed at 57kg before pregnancy in October. Now i am 16 weeks and in my 4th month of pregnancy, weighing 62kg. I am worried about putting on too much weight as I have a slight frame, so trying to go slow with weight gain. I got cleared by my ob-gyn to start yoga and swimming. I also go for long walks with my mom and DH to keep weight in check!

So i think 63kg is a good weight at this stage. I read that by the end of pregnancy, we will gain around 10 to 12 kg, so better to go slow until third trimester :)