Can we shift house while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by tanisha123, Feb 16, 2011.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

We did move 1-week before my delivery to our new home. My DH was arguing 'who ever said that didn't know about making double mortgage payments and how impractical/stupid that would be' blah, blah.

My mom was with me when we moved into the new house. My DH shifted everything with few friends to the new place. I fell backwards with full term baby in my stomach; when I was in standing position, talking/turning towards my mom and arranging things in the closet/could be mere exhaustion. Nothing happened to me/manged to get up by myself.

It could be the reason just to avoid the fall / other accidental incidents.

Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  2. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Elders have advised certain things out of good intentions, but if one cannot follow due to circumstances, then there is no point thinking about it. I was told it is okay to move before the start of 5th month but not later. My brother and SIL moved because they had problems with their apt and the kid is fine now. If no such restrictions were placed, then nobody would care about the poor pregnant woman, superstition or not. Travel, strain after 5th month is generally not recommended.

3. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Recently we were happen to change our house while I was 7th month pregnant. It is very energy draining process and we should not do until and unless it is very necessary.

4. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

If the new house is good as or better than the older, why you have to hold back the decision. What you said are
    disbelieves which we dont want to care about.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:this absolutely untrue, stupid and based on myths or on any unscientific data. during earthquake, great deluge, Storms, floods and other Force Majeure, hundreds of thousands of pregnant ladies/women in residences or in hospitals and they all got to be evacuated to safer elevated place without any time loss or they would be perished with unborn. it is also advisable to check whether person advising you in this manner is likely to gain in someway by your heeding to it. if your house is already dilapidated or under leaking electricity wirings or no water supply, you will have to shift another house which may take time to become your home. Nevertheless you do shift. God Bless Us All, thanks and Regards.

LisnaFernandez and Sunburst like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Quite true. they said and created conventions with good intentions. But times have changed and in the new panorama of life, viewing old sayings, myths etc. got to change. If the world had been following only what elders had told in a different period due to extant conditions, inventions - THINGS, comforts and convenience would not have happened and we would have remained in the old stone age. Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

7. Thyagarajan

:hello:ready to move house, impels one to shift and shifting is done by organising and planning with help of packers and movers. Mere planning should not drain one's energy!

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:what a great relief to know despite. thanks and Regards. God Bless us all.

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:I wish to share the news report that I had read sometime ago. As she was collecting in forest some wood as fuel, she delivered her baby and cut the umbilical chord with the sickle. she was carrying infant baby on her shoulder and then sauntered along to her dwelling with collected wood as a bundle on her head. the story with illustration published by news agency from Russia - USSR.
    It proves if you are tough and determined the mind will conquer the body and any pain imaginary or not will vanish.
    thanks and Regards.
    god Bless Us All.

Sunburst likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:I wish to share the news report that I had read sometime ago. As she was collecting in forest some wood as fuel, she delivered her baby and cut the umbilical chord with the sickle. she was carrying infant baby on her shoulder and then sauntered along to her dwelling with collected wood as a bundle on her head. the story with illustration published by news agency from Russia - USSR.
    It proves if you are tough and determined the mind will conquer the body and any pain imaginary or not will vanish.
    thanks and Regards.
    god Bless Us All.
    :hello:After thought I add now - in the bullock cart age in villages on difficult terrain transport was full of vibrations both harmonic and unharmonic and lack of present day comfort for travel was principle reason that had hindered them to make it as a testament that pregnant ladies and their dwelling/house/home not to be shifted which now is a myth.