1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

can we go for cycling ??needs support ...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by harinivijay, Apr 26, 2007.

1. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi ladies ,
    recently i came across an artcle that cycling reduces the risk of osteoporosis in ladies and it's a good aerobic exercise .it increases the immune power of the body .

so i thought of getting a cycle instead of a scooty for my daily routines . but everyone in my apartment and my friend makes fun out of that .:bangcomp:

just to go and get the milk or curry leaves from the shop ,which is in the other end of same lane where i'm staying ..,( i dont even need to cross the roads..nor the road has more traffic)why to use a motor bike ?? i dont know. :idontgetit: often walking makes me postponing the shopping ....

i just thought about the days in school and college in tamilnadu ,where bicycle found its best use .

now after marriage , riding a bicycle is making others to look me as a funny lady or a thing to look me as a pity ?????i dont know...

myself being a software engineer (currently staying at home to look after my son)and my husband is in a mnc,own a car ...no exercises in the office or the way to the office....even in the home we are having everything well equipped ,so no strenous exercises...except eating what i prepare (...i love cooking ,,,trying out new recipes is my hobby..). :bangcomp:

i read :
    regular yoga is the best thing (only one good job as i 'm doing now)...but along with that some form of aerobic exercises like cycling ,jumping the rope, walking , stair climbing ...will do much help to the ladies,to loose weight and maintain cardio vascular health.

but i prefer cycling or even brisk walking rather than car walking....

i love cycling with my toddler as a fun game or to dance with him (reducing baby fat gained thr pregnancy is the motive behind)...playing with a toddler and managing him alone from his birth has not been of much help to me to shed my weight ...

but being a married lady restriction binds me from the society that surrounds me ..that cycling and dancing are not being seen with a positive impact /side.

all the elderly ladies in my home are saying that these are not necessary as they never did in their days ...:bang
    but reality is in modern world there is no much work at home as compared to very old days even u prepare all full course meals by yourself ,for 10 people. grinders ,mixies , servant maid to clean the house and vessels , washing machines ...and even with full dryers ....make the living very easier but the tenure of our living may get reduced due to lack of exercises...

so ladies pour out ur opinion regarding cycling ...and attitude towards it .

let us turn the world green .let us give our little share of protecting the environment ,by lessening the use of petrol or diesel .

let us do cycling !!(exercises as well as recycling of plastics and diesel ,petrol...)

harini

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Harini

Interesting thread indeed!

Well, I have been cycling for about 20 years now and the benifits are countless not to mention the joy.
    Even after coming to S'pore I got myself a bicycle to venture around my residential estate and do marketing etc. And my hubby and son are also into cycling. Almost all the weekends we go out to beach parks, small islands exclusive for cycling and believe me we enjoy the ride as well as have fun together. (We dont own a car as we use the public transport and taxies whenever necessary. Flagging down a taxi is cheaper and quicker than looking for space in carparks not to mention the parking charges)
    When speaking about India, there is always a stigma attached to our actions reflected in other's eyes. What you face is the reality. In my opinion, try to ignore others for a period of time. First they will be surprised, seeing you cycling. After a while they will get used to you and who knows, many of them may want to try it themselves. You can have a small baby carrier in your cycle and juggle your sonaround for fun.
    Cycling is als a good cardiovascular workout. It also helps to shapen the hip,thigh and calf muscles. (I hate working out in a gym but I enjoy cycling). So my vote is for bicycles only and not for mobikes!:yes:

Happy cycling.

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

cycling is fun try it
    enru board onru
    sigappu colouril ottividu
    sakkaram suzhala suzhala
    kuzhandayum sirithu
    vilayada...cycle seatil thaan...
    kai asaithu
    kooppiduvaan
    innum sila per cycling
    varakkoodum unnudan
    poonjolai pune yil
    valam varappogum thanjai penne
    chic kkaga irukka
    enthan vazhthukkal..!!

sathya

4. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi Vijee,

thanks for ur support . what you said is true ,really it's our confidence to take the bicycle out to the public .great appreciation for your help to conserve the ecology.
    good going by bicycle...
    regards,
    harini

hi Sathya,
    unngal kavithai migavam rasithen . nanrikal pala ,mithivandiya payanpaduthatha ennakku athravu koduthatharukku nanrikal pala.

how r u writing tamil in english? wonderful job..i tried in english ..i love writing in tamil but thr the way of english is very difficult to me. hats off to u!!
    regards,
    harini

5. simmi_alpine

simmi_alpine New IL'ite

hi

i think u r right. we should all do our bit to save earth from the increasing pollution.

it's the matter of having positive attitude. some people may make fun of u as they r jealous of you. bcoz if they don't have the guts to go out on a cycle so they'll discourage u.

6. ansou2010

ansou2010 New IL'ite

HI harini,
    I am ansou,ur close friend from ur native.find me.I know how badly u will miss cycling!Becoz for all of us, cycle has played a major role in our first half of life& infact it is our best pal too.Even i too think like u for buying a cycle.As u says, that city life is not allowing us to do that .People too are surprised for our liking towards cycle.
    Hey i know how slim u are till now!Then why do u want to buy a cycle?Anyway really if we tend to be global friendly definitely we can buy a cycle & set a role model for the friends & neighbours.By our own actions we can persuade others to start.It is just like who will tie bell for the cat!

I hope that if u buy & start saving fuel, cost & maintain shape (as u are now),people they will also simply follow u & u will become a trendsetter in aundh.bye.
    cheers,
    ur close friend.

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

இனிய தோழி ஹரிணி,

தமிழில் கடிதம் எழுதுவது மிக எழுது. உங்கள் கம்ப்யூட்டரில் , தமிழ் எழுத்துக்கள் இருக்கக் கூடத் தேவை இல்லை. ஜீமெயில் இல் உங்களுக்கு ஐடி இருக்கிறதா ? இல்லைஎன்றால் உடனே உருவாக்கிக்கொள்ளுங்கள்.

'compose mail' பக்கத்தை திறந்து , subject க்குக் கீழே , பாருங்கள். முதலில் ஒரு இந்திய மொழியின் எழுத்து தெரியும். அதன் பக்க வாட்டில் இருக்கும், கீழ் நோக்கிய அம்புக்குறியை க்ளிக் செய்யுங்கள். பின், கீழே, தமிழை டிக் செய்யுங்கள். மேலே தமிழின், 'அ' எழுத்து தெரியும். அந்த பட்டன் 'ஆன்' ஆகி இருப்பதைக் காட்டும். இப்பொழுது, நீங்கள் டைப் செய்யத் தொடங்குங்கள். ஆங்கில எழுத்துக்களை டைப் செய்ய செய்ய , தமிழில் , உங்கள் வார்த்தை தெரியும்.

இதை 'phonetic font' என்று கூருவர். நீகள் எந்த font -யும் டவுன்லோட் செய்யாமலே டைப் செய்யலாம் என்பதால், இதை, 'dynamic font' என்றும் கூருவர். கொஞ்சம் பயிற்சி செய்து கொள்ளுங்கள். மிக மிக எழுது. பின் நீங்கள், அமுதத் தமிழில், உங்கள் கருத்துக்களை மற்றவர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளலாம்.
    முயன்று பாருங்கள். முயற்சி திருவினையாக்கும்
    நன்றி.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  8. harryi

harryi New IL'ite

cycling is great for weight loss,I always did road riding and running

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Once you have typed it in Tamil in Gmail, then copy and paste it in IL, reply page, then click, 'submit reply'. That is all. You have posted in Tamil in IL. Try it. It is easy.