1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can we give yesterday's boiled cowmilk to kid?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Nithu, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Hope i can clear my doubt here
    iam having 1.6 year old kid. iam giving him cow milk immediately after he get up from sleep in morning. usually he get up around 7.30 am to 8.00am. in our area the milkman arrives late sometimes. those times my DS starts crying due to hungry if i miss him to feed(i mean cow milk)
    so those times can i feed him yesterday's boiled cowmilk which stores in fridge.
    but still now iam not tried it.

is it good for health especially kids?

can we adullts taken it?(sometimes iam taking it if its leftover on yesterday)
    anyone using it?

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Nithu As long as the milk is good and well boiled, I guess it should be fine. So yesterday's milk should be fine I guess. But as always take paed's advice.

For adults, it should be fine. Some my relatives use the previous day's afternoon milk for next day morning.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

it should be fine..usually the milk packet has a shelf life of two days atleast..so you can use..if you have further doubt you can reheat the milk in the night..else when u get milk in the morning,keep one packet for your kid in the fridge and boil this milk the next day

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I guess you are giving cow milk that is freshly milked by your milk man from the cow and not the packed milk from your post. If that's the case, please avoid giving the previous day's milk as its not pasteurized for reheating or storing.

If it is packed pasteurized milk, you may boil it at night and cool it and then keep inside the fridge, again in the morning you have to boil it {re-heating is not enough} and make it slightly cool as per required temperature and give to baby.

Else for night / early morning or any time urgent requirement, you may keep a tin milk like Lactogen / Nan 2 or many such milk foods available [take advice from your Paed.] in the market. One cannot depend on milk man's arrival as the baby does not understand.

Best Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

No problem at all, do not worry you can give if it is in good condition.

6. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply ramya
    yes, this month i go for vaccination. that time i will ask my paed. before that i want know anybody giving like this

7. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your response sushmevja

8. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your kind response shanti
    sorry for not mentioned that its a packet milk. defenitely i will ask my paed. advice
    we used to keep NAN during travelling time only. our paed. adviced us its better to give cowmilk after one year instead of milk powder.
    thank for clarification

9. Nithu

Nithu Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your response Bhucat

10. hydee

hydee Bronze IL'ite

dear i asked the same question to my paed , she says better dont use that milk. kids can easily affected by infection so try to avoid it... nithu in that case you can try junior horlicks or pediasure or formula milk as morning drink.