Can We Decorate Gods In Mandir?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Jayasundr, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Jayasundr

Jayasundr New IL'ite

Hello,

I get calls from North Indian temple as volunteer to change God's dress, ornaments, and to do decoration inside garbagraha. I know in South India only priest gets to change gods dress but in USA, Temple management look for ladies like us to do the decoation and change dress for Gods. Some how i feel guilty to keep my step inside the gods dias, I say sorry so many times while stepping inside the dias to change clothes and to do decorations. Even thou i am making God clean and look beautiful, i am scared that i am doing a big mistake or sin by putting my foot inside. Any Pariharam,suggesstions, advise to remove this sin. I am also not able to say 'No' to the temple as they are really counting on me for this service. Please adivse.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I don't think you are doing any sin to decorate Gods in mandhir. Actually I feel you are lucky to get that chance to decorate Gods. You know one thing only few temples in India we get access to enter in sanctum sanctorum.Srisailam is one of them... so be happy and do it with pure mind......:)

Srisaila Mallikarjuna Jyotirlingam:-
    The devout believe that one can attain mukti by taking birth at Srisailam. The sanctity of the hill is extolled in Mahabharatha, Skanda Purana and many other religious scriptures. The name of Srisailam kshetra is chanted with reverence in the sankalpa mantra during ritual bath in holy places. The hills are also sacred to the Buddhists. Saint Nagarjuna lived here in the first century AD. Chinese
    [​IMG]

The Mallikarjuna Linga is accessible to each and every devotee and anybody can go into the sanctum sanctorum of Mallikarjuna, touch him and perform Abhishekam and Archana himself to recitation of Mantras by Archakas without caste or creed or religion.

CoolPie likes this.
  3. Jayasundr

Jayasundr New IL'ite

Thank you Mistt Ji, :)