Can unemployed do M.S from BITS Pilani?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by JGVR, Aug 16, 2011.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am an IT professional with 7 years experience.I recently quit my job to take care of my kid. I came across this M.S program from BITS PIlani. Though it says it is Work Integrated Learning program, just wanted to know if an unemployed person like me can do this course? If anyone has idea about this please let me know.Thanks

2. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

as per my knowledge goes this MS program is only for the employees of respective companies which have tie up BITS.U better verify . I don't understand what purpose its serves u by pursuing MS with having 7 years of exp unless u are working in Embedded systems or VLSI?? You can even think of an MBA or any other...By the way on which platform have u worked in the past??

3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nettem for your response. I worked on J2ee. Since i have some time (2 hrs or so) apart from taking care of my baby i thought i could study something during this time. I was interested in MS Software Engineering from BITS and hence thought of pursuing the same.But my bad luck looks like i cannot pursue it when im out of work. Lets see if i can study after i join back to work.

4. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

dont just add degrees to the name. Even if u pursue some thing see that it helps you in adding few bucks to ur bank balance and which inturn helps u in sharing the burden of the family along with ur DH.

5. blueskies

blueskies New IL'ite

Hi JGVR,
    I am a graduate of BITS Pilani. For Master's degree through distance learning program you should be an employee of a company that has ties with BITS (I.E OFFERING DISTANCE LEARNING PRGM).The list of companies is given in this link
    About BITS Distance Learning Programmes