1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can this sort of relation be considered for marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Feb 22, 2016.

1. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

OP, Did u talk about it with your parents? If they are also interested and every other factors are OK, I don't think any other reason why your father can't approach them with a proposal.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Your mama (uncle, right?)'s son is your cousin. Not your brother-in-law. His wife should be your distant relative, as a cousin's wife. No blood relationship.
    So, her brother will become another distant relative, as cousin's wife's bro.

Your cousin's wife is not your sister - although you may prefer to call her as sister.
    So, her brother can't be your brother.

A distant relative can be a perfect match. But consider about other factors such as the reason for his divorce, etc..etc... before proceeding.

If you are interested, please take the initiative, rather than expecting them to proceed. Good luck

4 people like this.
  3. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@ivlakshmi, the way I see this - you are not blood related. This should be perfectly ok. Brother-sister duo get married to another brother sister duo all the time. At least in the movies :).

Btw, why aren't you doing anything about this. You seem definitely interested - you would not have created this thread if not :). And from what you are saying, this guy seems interested as well. Why are waiting for the guy's family to contact you - your folks can contact his parents and take this forward. All the best!

2 people like this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi ivlakshmi
    I am a South Indian. I have married my father's sisters daughter in-laws brother. No blood line and different gothras. It was an arranged marriage. If u like u can go ahead. As far as validity is concerned, there is no problem I feel.
    All the best.
    Cliona

1 person likes this.
  5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Thank you cliona..
    I am interested in this match but i donno how to go over it.
    I happen to see them at another cousins wedding say about 3-4 days back . His mother told me that "we would like to attend your marriage next" and I replied with a smile saying "Sure". This is making me feel that they are not interested may be.

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @kcb... I had no idea,and I have so many south Indian friends.:oops:
    I knew some people have weddings between cousins and some don't.I did not know some cousins are are okay and some not okay for rishta.Thanks for the info.

1 person likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Ask your parents to find out through third party....but don't have high expectations.If things work out ...that will great!

8. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Dear ivlakshmi
    I have exactly gone through whatever you are going through. I felt that time that this guy( father's sisters daughter in-laws brother) could be a good match to me. Similar to you I couldn't openly ask to talk about this. What I did was, I took part in all family functions. Spoke nicely to his parents ( just to get to know what kind of people they are) ...
    Of course not too much..... I was thinking if anything positive happened from this then why not.... At least I will be satisfied that I tried within my limits. Was mentally prepared in case if it wouldn't work out.
    Fortunately, his parents liked me and they themselves brought it up. Rest is history.
    So, just have patience and work on it. He will be yours if it was meant to be.
    Take care,
    Cliona

1 person likes this.
  9. ivlakshmi

Thank you Cliona....Really nice to know about your experience.

10. ivlakshmi

Feeling really low.. I some how happened to check about him and he is younger to me (some months to year as i do not know the date).. I asked m.e mom if its ok to check about them and she is not willing for this match as this kind of relation is not acceptable according to her