1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

can this sort of relation be considered for marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Feb 22, 2016.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, First of all marrying in same gotras is prohibited per say becoz it means the said people are from same bloodline. Meaning siblings. Nowadays if you are not related by blood , even that is considered becoz of dearth of good matches.This relation you are describing is marriage based and not by blood relation. You can go ahead if that person is good in all aspects.Nowadays rarely you get a good match with subcaste and everything falling into place. So let go of that as criteria. You need a good match in all other ways that's it.My hubby;s family and ours are not of same subcaste but neither found it objectionable. Go ahead this is not a relation in any sense. You are thinking too much . Go ahead . Good Luck.

1 person likes this.
  2. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

No idea sorrysmiley

3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

If it is in my neighborhood, it will not even be considered.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

in our place these kind of marriages happen that is there is no prob in marrying SIL's bro or BIL's sis...only marriage with mom's sisters children and dads and grand dads brothers children are forbidden..

1 person likes this.
  5. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

I am a South Indian and in my Community he is considered as brother ( As his sister is already married to your Cousin) and these type of relationships are a strict NO NO. Though there is no blood relation he is still considered as a relative and falls under the brother category. Though our present generation don't have the problem, parents might have the problems with this type of marriages, as this type of relationship would mess up the future relations between the Kids. You should talk to your elders what is acceptable in your community.

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Am really surprised as it seems quite accepted practice (totally unscientific, however) for children of brother and sister to marry - meaning mama's and atthai's sons and daughters. That is a blood relationship and hence brother and sister. When that is acceptable, what is the problem in a relationship like this totally unconnected by blood?

However, since that seems to be the practice in many families as I gather from previous posts (new information to me), it is upto you and your family to follow or break away from your traditional beliefs. Scientifically and legally speaking, I don't see any problem here.

2 people like this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

You may get different opinions here depending on each one's family customs, but....

What is your opinion on this match? Do you think he is your brother in relation?

It totally depends on your opinion & your family customs...

1 person likes this.
  8. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

I spoke to my aunt and she is telling me that since gotras are different and no blood relation this match can be considered as getting a match has become difficult these days.
    I somewhere feel he is interested in me. We do not want to go ahead and ask but if the guys parents ask me then we will consider.

9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

unfortunately my relatives are not helpful in any issue

10. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

How is your cousin's wife your sister?
    If so will she not become a sister to your cousin as well? :notthatway:

1 person likes this.