1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can This Be Called As An Act Of Abuse?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by silentlistener, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Guys....

I have taken countless efforts, when I was single to resolve the conflict between my father and mother. In my 20s, while I was in college, I stayed in hostel. Once in 15 days, I will go to my native place, which was about 80 km from my college City. During that time for about five long years, I have repeatedly attempted to Reconcile between their differences. Every such attempt of me has backfired on to me instead of giving any better results.

After I got married, then also during my every visit to my hometown , I have made some attempts to resolve their differences. But these genuine efforts of me, have very very badly backfired to myself and to my wife also.

At last, after about 10 years of my marriage , my father took me for a walk and he spoke to me alone. He said his life and his marriage is over and it's a matter of the past. According to him, I have enough to worry about in my own life, my own relationship with my wife, my son , my job, my future, my career, my post graduation... the list goes on endlessly.

He made it very clear , the more I try to resolve the conflict between them, the worse the results are going to be.

Out of all love and affection and pure compassion, he advised me to stay away from their conflict and to bother about my own life only.

Since then, I stay away from their conflict.

sindmani, Shanvy and yellowmango like this.
  2. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

The purpose for which, I started this thread is totally served and I am fully satisfied with the reply and participation of every member.

Requesting @Cheeniya Sir , to close this thread.

Thank you, guys !

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@yellowmango not so much now.. i recently heard of a 60 yr old woman divorcing her husband.. the reason in most cases is they are used to a kind of living becomes habit and later they think not worth the effort.

@silentlistener good to know you tried..

If your dad feels so, there may be a reason. Sometimes you don't stand up and for your spouse when you have to and all the opressions surface as shouting, bangings ajd silent treatments.. hope they find their solace..

Abuse..even giving the silent treatment in marriages is a abuse as is shouting knowing how your spouse feels..

Revenge mode..sometimes backfires..that is why fighting the issue is more important.,before fighting the person..

sindmani, dhivyacc, VinuthaS and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.