1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone give a review about fair oaks west apartment in sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by prabha_g, Jun 20, 2010.

1. prabha_g

prabha_g New IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking for an apartment in sunnyvale and am considering fair oaks west. But the reviews in apartmentratings.com is not satisfactory. It says about cockroaches, rats, bed bugs etc.If someone is living there can you please tell me if its true?
    Also are there any other apartments with indian community nearby?

Pls reply me soon as i have to move in soon.

Thanks,
    Prabha

2. Pomegranite

Pomegranite Bronze IL'ite

My best friend Anni lives there. She reports no problems with rats or other vermin. The management can be really strict and not very nice, but if you follow the rules, no problem.
    She has her own furniture so bedbugs(!) are no issue.
    Nice facilities and fairly nice apartments!
    Cheers,
    Ami

3. prabha_g

prabha_g New IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    Thanks for the reply.

4. krapol01

krapol01 New IL'ite

Hello Prabha,

We are moving to Santa Clara/ Sunnyvale. I also saw the same reviews about Fair Oaks west apartment . The apartment is very suitable i terms of community and other issues. The only decision making aspect is about the rats , bed bugs etc. I want to make sure about the intensity of the problem there. Can you give me suggestions regarding this?

Thank you,
    SwathiKalyan

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Ladies, 1st of all, mostly people who are dissatisfied with the apts generally go write these reviews. So, most of the views you read are biased.

2nd of all, bedbugs/vermin/rats are a common problem at all apartment complexes. It is upto the people living there to maintain good hygiene which will control the problem. Management can only spray/apply pesticide to a certain degree.

I have had friends live at fair oaks west. they have a large indian population, recreation facilities are good and apts have been recently remodled. It's good for visiting parents since all they have to do is go down to the rec room and meet other visiting parents. I myself would not live there because I find the apartments to be a little small and I don't like the concept of the door opening into a long hallway with no windows which traps all the food smells.

6. prabha_g

prabha_g New IL'ite

Hi SwathiKalyan,

Finally i decided not to go to Fair oaks apartment. Now I am living in Mission pointe apartments in sunnyvale. This one also has a good indian community and is good. I haven't faced any problems here.

-Prabha