1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can my friend attend her sister marriage and get back to USA?

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by GSAnusha, Aug 22, 2013.

1. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

Hi.. I have very little knowledge of visa extension and travelling in and around the expiration time.
    Experienced ppl pls pour in your thoughts

My friend is on H4, and her husband is currently on H1 extension.
    It expires by January 2014.
    Friends' sis is getting married around Jan/feb, and she alone wants to attend it.
    Can she travel to India and return back[close to expiration date or next extension might be in progress]
    Can she go for stamping when its just few weeks before Jan14- expiration date?
    Will her H4 be stamped by that time? If its denied, how long she has to wait..
    Will it be a problem impacting her husband's H1 extension?

Sorry if my questions are beating around the bush :p
    I wish my friend attends her sis marg as well keeps up her legal stay in US.

2. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

hi

she can travel to India and get stamping done... it wont be issue... mostly H4 stamping doesn't get denied if she has proper documents... her stamping doesnt hv any connection with her husband's h1 extension...

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

She can not come back until her husband's visa extension is approved. Also she will need to get it stamped as her visa will be considered as expired irrespective of her husbands visa extension approval. Recently did for my daughter

1 person likes this.
  4. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

hi Sanjula
    her husband is already on a visa extension for a year.. and their company is going to extend again starting 2014.
    they do it every year it seems

so around the time she reaches India the first extension would have expired, and second one might be in process.