1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can marriage be successful if horoscope don't match?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Soumya80, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Soumya80

Soumya80 New IL'ite

Have you seen anyone whose horoscope didn't matched but still they are in happy marriage? And have you seen anyone whose horoscope gunas had best matching in every aspect but still their marriage failed? Or have you seen someone who ignored astrologer's advice and got married despite of horoscope not matching and astrologer's advice was proved right? Please give known examples if you know any. If you like someone and don't want to let go but horoscope don't match then what? Your suggestions will be important for me

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

2. Soumya80

Soumya80 New IL'ite

I like someone but horoscope don't match, so now what? Not love marriage its arrange marriage only, but I met him and I think I fallen in love. Now what? I can't say I don't believe in horoscope but I also don't want to 100% rely on it but also don't want to ignore. I am super confused. So pls answer my question as asked in above post and give me suggestions what do I do?

3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

its upto u and ur family... when we come to marriage there should be peace and happiness for both family members..if u think that u r parents are good enough to give u green signal go ahead...but i can say it is just an attraction..u should take sometime to analyze the person fully..so think twice before taking any decisions especially in marriage...

1 person likes this.
  4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

****Not to offend anyone***

I have seen so many happy couples whose horoscopes haven't matched at all..

Marriage is all about being together,understanding each other and trusting each other..The building blocks are understanding,trust and love..so discuss with your parents and make them confident on how much you want him by explaining the qualities you liked in him.But until unless you live with a person,you cannot get to know him completely..

so if you feel you are confident about living happily with him,just seek the help of your parents.Listen to the pros and cons of the match leaving the horoscope matter and assess ...If horoscope is the only factor stopping your parents to take a decision..then follow your heart...

But a marriage will be successful only when both the families are happy..so think about it..

4 people like this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Horoscopes are not the only criteria for marriage, All religions, people do not go by horoscope, aren't they happy, yes they are happy while a few may not be happy too.

Who knows that your horoscope is first of all right, even if slight change in timings of birth the chart itself is wrong, are your parents very authentic about your horscope or the groom's horoscope.

Let us accept the fact that your horscope are perfectly right, do you accept with the fact that different astrolgers predict differently (astrology is a science, a few experts have the art but are we all going to the experts) so from my personal point of view everything is predetermined by the almighty when a child is actually formed in the womb. so whatever has to happen will happen, that is my practical experience.

So if at all some fate has to change (some remedial measures or lessening effect) it is in the hands of our GURU, to whom we have to completely surrender and he will absorb the effects of their devotees.

But once you have decided to surpass the fact of horscope forget/wash out the thought completely from the mind, otherwise any small untoward thing happens you will link that with the matching of horoscope.

This is my personal view, analyse for yourself, your inner thoughts at calm circumstances speak better for you and you can decide according to that.

Please excuse me if anyone disagrees this view and it is purely my inner thoughts.

Wish you all success

7 people like this.
  6. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Sowmya,

YES to both the questions... mine and DH's horoscope didnt match at all... less than 10 out of 36... we went ahead with arranged marriage... and get along

My BIL's matched almost completely - more than 32 out of 36 ... but to an outsider and probably even his wife, it is supposedly not a happy one ..

But dont go for your major decisions with other's examples... decide on your own and take your family's help :)

3 people like this.
  7. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I dont think horroscope match is must... Basically horroscope is there for arranged marriage to find whether both of them will get along well in their marriage and whether their characters match... But it all depends on the individuals only.. If u like someone then I feel you can proceed, but dont decide anything with a hesitation in mind.
    All the best..

ashwinn and sindmani like this.
  8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I don't believe in horoscopes nor do I believe that they can predict or ensure the happiness or compatibility of a married couple. I have seen many family members (we don't create horoscopes in our faith) who are living blessed and happy married lives and others who have divorced their spouses or who have lost them at an early age. I have also seen many many friends who have had arranged marriages after matching horoscopes who are in such misery after marriage.

My word of advice: There is no point in trying to get a consensus in a public forum. It appears that this is a personal issue for you and you need to make a decision. I had an inter-faith love marriage where my ILs wanted to know my birth time to match horoscopes before marriage...I refused to give them the details. First, I don't believe in it, and second, we were already having a tough time trying to gain their acceptance and the last thing we wanted was any "dosham/jaathakam mismatch" and all that drama!. Cut to three years post marriage and we are living a very happy and blessed life (yes, we DO have problems, but then who doesn't?!)....so you need to decide if you are ready to face the ire of family and relatives and go against them to marry this guy, if you feel that strongly for him and if he reciprocates in the same way.

I wish you all the best and pray you make a wise decision! Good luck!

2 people like this.
  9. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

I am in the same state of confusion as I am not able to figure out whether I should believe in horoscope or not. I & my family was never believing in horoscope and my Ex's family also didn't asked for my horoscope or birth details as they weren't believing too. So we didn't insisted on matching horoscope before marriage. We got divorced just after few months of marriage. Once my friend found online astrology site and just for timepass she tried to see her horoscope and asked me to try too. I tried matching mine and my horoscope online by entering mine and my ex's birth details and it was actually not matching. Now when I am planning for second marriage I am not able to figure out whether I should insist on horoscope matching or not. Even though if the horoscope match is there still a guarantee that marriage will be successful? I have the same question!

I did some research about astrology and I think it is not completely wrong. But completely relying on it like a superstitious and having blind faith on it is also not wise. You can go for horoscope matching for personal satisfaction but if you strongly have liking for the guy then all you can do is inform him and his family clearly that horoscope are not matching but you only agree to marry if you really like me and have willing to make the marriage work anyhow. If you have strong attraction and liking and if he has the same then you can proceed. But if you are confused and there is an itching in mind about guna matching but on the other hand you also don't want to let go the guy then I would say better not marry him because something go wrong after marriage then it will lead you to think that it is all because horoscope was not matching.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Well, you have an answer yourself! You like someone, cant let go of him, then why do you have to?

Very well said, Carol!

OP:

The most important decision of your life, on whom to spend the rest of your life with, cannot be made with an opinion poll in IL!

Love and marriage are things of the heart! When you feel 'it' for 'that' person, nobody can stop you.. And if you really want someone so badly in your life, you will know how to make it work!! Astrology is a science! There are believers and non-believers to every scientific theory!

1 person likes this.