1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Can I use Aluminium cake tins/mold for baking a cake in LG Convection oven

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by parvathyc09, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi,

I have been gifted a couple of big glass bowls by a friend. I hear that its for baking purpose.

But how do I check if its safe. There is nothing mentioned about that in the pack. But it seems to be of very good quality. Once I used one glass that was supposed to be for the oven and within few seconds, it developed a crack :(.
    Hence am afraid to put it in the oven.

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

thanks all for ypur quick responses....

1 more query i have though not related to baking

I have a few white thick ceramic bowls (oblong) from IKEA. can that be used for baking pasta, or making dry veg etc??

also do we have to close glass bowls with glass lid while making veg etc in oven

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ssm,

yes i forgot to mention, i bake in ceramic too.. yes you can bake pasta in them..but i always seal with aluminium wrap.. i am scared of lids cracking at high temperature..

unless the instruction say the lid is oven safe, i would use foil cover..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

glass cracks if water spills over it when it very hot..simple theory of expansion of glass due to heat..even from microwave, if you reheat something, better removing it on to a trivet or a dish cloth..

i am not comfortable with closing and baking as i am not sure about it.. if the glass is for baking you can do it ensure, you don't remove it to a place where there is water /liquid spilled..and wipe it well before you keep it in..

I use marinex and pyrex brand..and just one level lower than for metal pans in my experience..

5. avani07

avani07 New IL'ite

Hello all i have a similar baking mould but hen i try to bake it i saw sparks appeearing and then i swittched off th eplug i use samsung convectin microwave as possted by parvathy iam a beginner aswel please guide me in baking a perfect cake for my lo