1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Can I use Aluminium cake tins/mold for baking a cake in LG Convection oven

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by parvathyc09, Apr 3, 2012.

1. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I have a question regarding baking a cake in oven, can I use Aluminium cake tins/mold for baking a cake in LG Convection oven ? I have seen different shaped mold in shop but when I asked the sale person they said this kind of tins is meant for OTG. Is that true? I am attaching the cake tin pic which i found in Spar super market . If anyone have any idea please share,. :)

Alum.JPG

And another doubt is ,in most of the recipes I have seen that we have to preheat the oven before baking , even i did preheat the oven , once it is done I heard a beep sound , I didn't open the oven as I was busy preparing cake mixture.. :spin but the oven started preheating again.. :hide: , is that fine ??

Here comes the 3rd doubt , after baking cake once we will take out we have to keep the cake in the wire rack for cooling it seems.Do we need to keep that wire rack inside oven itself or can we keep the same outside ? and why we need to keep the cake in wire rack and cool ??Is there any secret behind that?
    I know too many questions... I am a beginner in baking and cooking in oven so please forgive ... :hide::hide::hide:

2. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Ohh my God.. 24 views and no reply.... :(

3. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Hi Parvathy...
    here are the answers for your queries.
    1. Yes. You can use aluminium tins for baking in CONVECTION mode. I have baked using such tins in my convection oven. You can refer to the manual that has come with your oven. They would have listed what tins/utensils/pans to use in what mode.
    2. I haven't faced such situation so am unable to say if its fine. Sorry :|
    3. The cake should be cooled on the wire rack outside of the oven. This is done to avoid the cake from collapsing and becoming overly moist. :)

4. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

Hi parvathy,

1. You can use Aluminium or a black colored ones(non stick). Black colored ones will also be available in SPAR.

2. After your oven is preheated i.e., your set temperature, you will hear a beep sound. After that that temperature will be maintained for few min. Within that time you keep your tin inside the oven and bake.

Happy baking.
    Let me know if you have any doubts.

5. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Pavithra... :) , I will update my baking results here.. :)

6. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much Anudhivi.. :)

7. muhsina89

muhsina89 New IL'ite

can you tell me where you got the baking tin from and how much it costs?? professional bakers use aluminum tins only as they give the best shape to the cakes.. better than the fancy non sticks i suppose.. i am currently residing in dubai n would love to get those on my next visit there.. is it available in rathna,kanchi stores and all??

8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi anu,

I have seen the Black colored ones (non stick) and the silicone Rubber type (brown) ones also available in malls

seems you have u used them ..how is the exprience and is it safe to use these in baking mode in convection oven

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i use the aluminium, non-stick pans, glass and also silicon in the convection oven.. and have no issues any..

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

ssm014,

Yes, silicon moulds are safe to use for baking. I have used them.

In almost all the moulds the temperature range will be mentioned. It would be safe to always check for that in silicon or any other baking tins.