Can i take these tablets?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mamtharadhakrishna, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mamtharadhakrishna

mamtharadhakrishna New IL'ite

Hello all,
    I am posting my query for the first time and hope to get some help.

I am 31weeks pregnant and actually, till 24 weeks I was visiting a doctor in Hubli(Karnataka), where we stayed and thereafter moved to my hometown, Bangalore. SInce hubli was a small town, i had no choice other than going to a Gynaec, whom i felt was not that good. She had told me that everything was normal and had prescribed multivitamins(Meconeuron, Astyfer-z & calcium suppliments).

Now, in Bangalore i'm visiting a gynaec referred by sis-in-law. During the first visit, i found here to be good, which i judged while talking to her. On my second visit(during 30th week), she told me that i have Urinary Tract Infection and prescribed Tablet Zocon-T. However, on checking, i found that the composition of this tablet was contraindicative. So i didn't take this tablet. since my HBG was 11.5 g/dl, she asked me to stop one of the multi-vitamins and prescribed another multivitamin.

Can somebody help me, whether i did a right thing by not taking this tablet?? and that should i think about changing the doctor.

Also do let me know what are the routine tests that Doctors usually ask for, as i am finding that both of my doctors haven't advised me for few tests like Hep-B, CVS, etc.

THnks in advance.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Mamtha

Welcome to IL

HEARTY CONGRATS

Hey just trust ur doctors words, dont get confused, for second opinion, u can consult someother doctor also, for ur satisfaction, but dont strain urself too much

I have a very close firnd of mine who is also a doctor, i will ask her and let u know tomorrow

Take care pray GOD

GOD IS GREAT

latamurali

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    during my ist preg the doc too suspected urinary tract infection.so she did swab test which happily was negative but still adviced me to take precaution like not using soap.washing the area with dettol water atleast twice a day & drying properly .
    so ,i think if u can ask for lab test done & if proved positive do take the medicine as UTI can infect baby too.