Can I have some ideas to start a home based business.......I am ready to work hard

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Akilavinod, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Akilavinod

Akilavinod New IL'ite

Hi
    I would to earn from home. I am staying in Chennai with my family. I am having a kid. Iam interested in making detergent powders, starting a parlour, making designer sarees. But how to implement? Which is the best one?

2. sailingboat

sailingboat Senior IL'ite

Re: Can I have some ideas to start a home based business.......I am ready to work har

Hi, you can make one room in your house as a small beauty parlor. Just get a nice recliner type chair, and all the stuff you need for beauty parlor, scissors, combs, facial creams, threading/waxing equipment. Initially you can tell your neighbors. There will be many housewives who can't afford to go to big big parlors/college students, target them first. Make the prices reasonable in the beginning.

Another option is, you can buy some stitiching machines and start doing embroidery work for sarees and dresses, and do some stitiching at home. Once you got a good practice, you can visit any local stores near you, and tell them you can do good designing on sarees etc, sometimes they give you good offers. One of my friend got an offer from a store to stich suites. it takes patience and hard work. All the best to you.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  3. Akilavinod

Akilavinod New IL'ite

Re: Can I have some ideas to start a home based business.......I am ready to work har

Thank you very much for ur valuble reply........

4. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

If you are good with cooking you can make pickles, appalam, masala podi and sell to grocery stores. Also u can rent a small shop and make biriyani stall which sells biriyani parcel and caters for events only. So no need for waiters of chairs or anything.
    I have heard from friends that opening biriyani stall is low investment and fast return. Example:Make 10 kile biryani, chicken 65 and chicken bone kuruma, raitha. Make packets and u can easily sell them in crowded areas, also u can cater to home/offices doing door delivery. u can do this from home too.

goodluck.

1 person likes this.
  5. Akilavinod

Akilavinod New IL'ite

Thank you mlk2009......Thanks for the idea..

6. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi mlk2009

I'm good in cooking.your idea is good.But before staring this work could any one please tell me how to caluculate and fix the cost for the items prepared?

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dolly,

For fixing the price, do a small research in your area or known places where they sell biryani and other chicken items. You will know the average price. Then plan your menu or preparation method accordingly.

For ex: a biryani parcel price is around Rs.120 from your research, and you feel that preparation costs dont leave good margin, then you can reduce the cashews used or use lesser saffron to increase the margins.

-Lakshmi

8. peter12

peter12 New IL'ite

hi,

All the best for u trying to start a own job,start a home based job is better and easy to earn money,the data entry is the best home based job in the world,and some other jobs are choose in your faviour..

Thank you..

9. somya

somya New IL'ite

According investment & ROI experts. Food Industry is among those business sectors that can give you more than 300% of ROI. Go ahead with your plans. A little example of ROI is given below.

If 1Kg of wheat is costing you INR 15 then simply you can cook more than 20 Chapatis . And sale it for Rs 20. It means you earned. 20X2 = 40 - 15= Rs 25.(After deducting your input cost).

10. somya

somya New IL'ite

But if you want to share some profits then you can shake hands with the existing business units as well. Such an online business is also available for partnership. PM for this.