can i go to the mall???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amuu, Apr 9, 2010.

1. amuu

amuu New IL'ite

hi
    i am 30 weeks pregnant and we are planning to go a mall
    is it safe to go to the mall now and walk for so long(may be 3-4 hours with constant breaks)
    like sitting for some time and moving around
    like how much time is safe to walk in 30th week becuz i heard walking too much can induce labour in the later stages
    so any one help me with this!

2. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Amu,

You can walk 3-4 hours with breaks in between, try to be hydrated and have some snacks in between if you are hungry too. As far as i knew, it won't induce labor and you can walk peacefully.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm a doctor but not the useful kind :). So take this information with a grain of salt.

I went to an outlet mall 40 miles from where I live, just 5 days before my due date. My brother and his wife were visiting from India for 5 days and I didn't want to be a party pooper. We drove both ways and spent an entire day (nearly 6-8 hours) at the mall. Apart from having to pee every 30 minutes, I didn't have any other problem. This was at nearly 40 weeks.

A short visit to the mall shouldn't be a big problem at 30 weeks IMO.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Geetha! Just noticed your signature. You could be going into labor anytime now!

Hope you have a quick and easy labor! :2thumbsup:

5. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Gauri.

6. amuu

amuu New IL'ite

hi geetha and gauri
    thx for the reply's, happy to hear i can go
    just wanted a change so going to the mall yeahhhh

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Of course it is! Unless it is specifically contraindicated for your pregnancy. Just make sure you sit when you are tired, eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, and visit the bathroom when that is required. I am 39w now, and just about a week ago, went to the store to buy crib etc. Granted, I spent a lot of time enjoying their rocking chair and ended up ordering one of those too, couldn't resist.

There hasn't been any change in cervical condition in appointments just before and after.

Remember to listen to your body, as always. If you feel like you can't take it anymore, don't try to. Go home and take rest with your feet on a pillow. Don't try to push yourself. Now isn't the time for that.