1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Get Those Days Back?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jananirbk, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Can I get those days back?

School days!! Friends, Am sure each and every one of us yearn for our school days to come back!! We always have a pleasant memory of our school days!! The school was the world for us and fighting over small, small issues, having our own gang, sharing lunch, pulling legs of each other, and making fun; and I am sure those were the golden days in one's life!! I really envy guys for their ability to maintain their friends' circle in whichever sphere of life they are in!! but alas for girls, family life needs to be prioritized more than other things, and as times goes by, we lose touch with our friends, and have to be content with cherishing the memory of those good old days !! :drowning Thanks to the development of new-age networking ideas like orkut, facebook, etc, that now we are able to catch up our once lost friends!!

I have one elder brother!! Since we had a lot of space in front of our house, all of his friends used to come to our house to play cricket!! I had little to no friends around our home, so I also used to play cricket with them; of course rarely played cricket;, mostly used to pick the ball from out of the net :hide:, but they were so generous that after the game gets over, they allowed me to bat for an over for the services I have rendered!! After cricket, we used to play cards and I was well versed in cards when I was young itself!! I used to wait eagerly for them to finish cricket, so that we can play cards!! When my brother's friends praise me for my expertise in cards, my face used to glow in pride!!

So, the bottomline is I never had difficulty mingling with guys and I was named "Tommy Girl" by my friends!! Okay.. Okay.. Self-praise apart, we were a gang of seven!! Four girls and three boys and since we were the toppers of our class, we had some undue advantages from our teachers!!

We started bunking classes in the sixth grade itself.:bonk We used to give our names for mostly all inter-school competitions, gita chanting, skits, etc., and we officially bunk classes in the name of practice, but we hardly prepare anything for competitions!! :biglaugh As soon as the attendance gets over, before the first period begins, we used to get up, and say "we got so and so competition and so we need to practice madam" and will go to biology lab. Of course, we used to have some white papers with us to pretend that we are preparing for the skit if by chance any of the teachers come to check us!! Otherwise, it was full of fun. We used to bring some special dishes, our mom's best dishes, to share, and talk, talk, and talk, while our fellow classmates will be in the class listening to never-ending lectures :biglaugh!! We did this until our eleventh; of course, we did not dare to take risk in twelfth standard!!

Friends, oh what a fun we had!! I am sure teachers knew that we were bunking classes just for fun and they were so magnanimous that they allowed us to have our fun!! I am happy that we seven are still in contact and I wish we will be till our end, though I miss my other classmates!!

Friends, am sure each and every one of you would have had much more interesting days/events in your school days!! Please share!! Am all ears to hear about your school days!!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

2. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

hi,

It was very nice to read your post.firstly you have been gifted with a good enjoyable school and childhood life.:thumbsup
    reading your post i have been reminded of my school days!! though i finished my college just now, i always treaured my school life and enjoyed 14yrs of it in my school!! !!(l.k.g to 12th.HOLY ANGELS):-D:-D:-D

i got reminded of my scool days at o.l.n(l.kg,u.kg:biglaugh),canteen fun,inaugral of auditorium at(11th..so full day bunk only:crazy),waiting for the auto in front of school(gala time der:biglaugh:biglaugh)
    couldnt get all fun back as it was in school!!

thank you so much for your post,bought all my days back:kiss

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  3. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Surya!!

Thank you for your first lovely feedback!! Am very glad that the post reminded of your school days!! Good to know about the fun you had in your school days!! Thanks for your time and valuable feedback. I really appreciate it!!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Janani
    How can you get those wonderful days back?? ...they always remain with us as sweetiest memories in our heart.
    You are right becoz of facebook and orkut I too have found so many of my school friends and it is so nice to keep in touch with them now. As I had studied in convent we use to have sisters to teach us and we have found one sister too of our times in facebook. Was so excited to find her.
    Ours was a girls school so we were around 14 girls in the group so you can imagine the fun and masti we use to have we think of all that now and keep smiling to ourself did we do all such things....
    We had a kannada teacher who use to wear wig and we girls were always behind his wig:biglaugh and one goes out of the class for some reason then all the others use to follow so the teachers too use to think twice before giving punishement for us....hahaha
    Nice post Janani you will get all pouring in here with they school days which has never ending memories...

5. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Janani,

Nice post... takes us back to good old childhood.

But I think life goes a full circle. The childhood days are felt back when we see our children
    in that phase of life. I do not have kids. But love them seeing growing up and enjoy them having funs of golden time of one's life

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear janani,

we can never get any of our days back in life that is why it is said enjoy the present.:)

but enough of philosophy ...I do agree childhood and school days are the BEST :thumbsup and :cheers to you we seem to have had a similar childhood. only thing is my brother was younger and all his friends were my friends too.I was called a tomboy just because I played all the boisterous games with them (of course they always teased me calling me shantha rangaswamy the woman cricketeer of those days..wonder what hapenned to her:biglaugh)

I also enjoyed school more than college because I was more well known in school.By the time i reached college i had turned out to be a shy person.
    yes, I am also in touch with some of my school friends.thanks for bringing up happy memories.:)

7. hamsapriya

hamsapriya New IL'ite

Hi Janani,

it was lovelyreading your post. brought back some good old memories of my schooling years. just 2 years back I had been to my mother's place in Coimbatore. I visited my shool with my DH and kids. It was so nice to see all of them really enjoyed the visit. My kids were more than eager to know where I sat in the class, where we played, had lunch....etc. It was heart rendering visit to my school...
    Thanks for refreshing my memory... seeing that ur too from CBE I'd like to name my school it was ST. Joseph's Matriculation School where I studied from 7th to 10th...Before that Iwas in Avila Convent and after that I did my 11th & 12th from Shri Nehru Vidayalaya

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  8. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear EQ!

Nice to hear about your school days!! Wonderful to know that you also found ur friends and a teacher too through orkut and facebook!! I can imagine the fun who 14 had with the teacher with wig!! Thansk for your wonderful feedback!!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

9. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Kalyani!!

I am glad that you like the post!! You are right that when our children goes to school and when we hear their day-to-day events, we will be taken back to our good old school days! Thanks for visiting and valuable feedback.

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

10. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Mindi!!

Nice to hear that you also called "Tomboy" by your friends!! It is a thrill to prove ourselves that we can also do the so-called boys' things!! Good to know that you also in contact with some of your school friends. Thanks for visiting and for nice feedback Mindi!

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan