1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Bust My Mil?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reena26, Nov 22, 2016.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My dad has three birthdays.:):)
    It is possible none of them are correct.

SGBV, sbonigala, Madhumagie and 4 others like this.
  2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

hehehe....today's generation DIL taking action that too legal, not only bitching....hehehe....take a chill pill...your son is teenager, may be next generation dil will be back to bitching only...:smilingimp:...

3. SukanyaB

SukanyaB Senior IL'ite

I sometimes have similar thoughts about my SILs family who is coming over to our place to stay for a very long time. But I stay mum just because I know my hubby is going to be the first one affected as he is the sponsor.
    Looking for other ways to deal with this situation may be the right way to go.

4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I think your mil has pushed you so much that an otherwise sensible person like you is having these thoughts. Op, you are repressing your anger and being passive aggressive. I would suggest that you openly express your anger and frustration when she bothers you. Once you vent you lol feel better and you can think rationally

sarvantaryamini and Dynamite like this.
  5. vanithaudt

vanithaudt Silver IL'ite

Girl you are naive . it wont cause her any issues . ha ha ha how annoyed you must be. slow down calm down and think straight

Chocolatey likes this.
  6. Reena26

Reena26 Bronze IL'ite

What if I told you that she committed a domestic violence on last visit? She told me to get out of her sons house, grabbed me and then called my parents and made threats including divorce - in presence of newborn son. I was scared so I went in my room with my son. She started screaming and banging and demand I open the door. I was scared and did not report to police because of fear and stress - continued for 6 months.

7. Reena26

Reena26 Bronze IL'ite

Until now I did not do anything due to cultural pressures of family but I am in fear that if they come they will do the same. They told me "it's my sons home and I can come anytime"

8. Reena26

Reena26 Bronze IL'ite

As per her visa - she broke the terms by inciting violence. I was told this by a south East Asian organization I called for victims of domestic violence

9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

On such forums, we do not know the complete picture. Advice is just based on the information you provide. Having said that, you know your situation best. It is a positive step you have taken to contact an organization equipped with handling such issues. Please keep in touch with them and seek help to solve your problems. I pray everything goes good for you and your family. Take care of the little one.

Best wishes

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Where was your husband when she grabbed you, threatened divorce and called your folks? What exactly did he do to ensure this never happens again?

I think you should put your safety ahead of everything else. If she comes again and repeats her performance, after you get to the safety of your room call 911.
    No point in upholding culture when you are in such situations. Let the last visit incident be a teaching point. Don't put up where you don't have to.

sarvantaryamini, Amica and guesshoo like this.