1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can H4 Indian Wives work from Home?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by bharthi, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Brownie

Brownie New IL'ite

Hi all,

I want to know whether H4 ladies can work on sites like Freelancer,Elance work from home jobs etc.I heard that it is not legal to do it since payment will be made through pay pal and we will have to account for that to the Goverment.Is this true?

2. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi,

I was on H4 visa but got my EAD recently. I am working as a Medical Transcriptionist from home. I did an online course for it which was for about a year. If anyone wants any information on that, please let me know.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  3. Kumarimouni

Kumarimouni Senior IL'ite

HI JINI
    iam also H4 and i want to learn and do job..
    can u give me details about that course.
    thank u in advance

4. swapnam

swapnam Senior IL'ite

Hi jini,
    can you give me more details about it...

thanks

5. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi KumariMouni and Swapnam,

I did the medical transcription course from Careerstep which is a one year online course. You can go to their website Medical Transcription Training, Medical Coding Training and check it out. I also wanted to tell you that I had prior medical transcription experience in India before I came here so it was easier for me to do the course. Hope it is helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
    Jini

adrija and keethi like this.
  6. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi KumariMouni and Swapnam,

I tried to reply back with the website information where I did my medical transcription online course but am not able to go through. Please send me a private message so that I can give you more information about it.

Thanks

7. sweety1686

sweety1686 New IL'ite

Hi Jini,

Can u provide the details of the course and explain how it works?My Mail ID: sweety(underscore)sweety0615(at)yahoo.com

Thanks.
    Sweety

8. HappyHearts

HappyHearts New IL'ite

Hi Jini

I was in US for last two yrs and on L2 Visa. I got my work permit (EAD) and was working for last 1 yr with American company. But unfortunately my hubbys visa got denied during extension and we had to return to India. So rite now I m in India but will be returning to US shortly as my hubby's company has filed for new visa. So i was exploring some options and came across your post. Can you pass on some more details about this course? Also, i donot have prior experience in the same field so just want to check if it even makes sense to start studies again? BTW I am an MBA ( HR) from India.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  9. drsuganyah

drsuganyah New IL'ite

hai jini, i saw ur thread, u said u did ur online coursew in medical transcript got an offer to work at home can u send detail of that . i'm new to usa,, at present i'm in charlotte nc. i'm a dentist,, i have also done my mba (hr) , hospital management.... PGDCA also feeling very bad to sit at home...... i got guite feeling i'm not earning.... i have to do soming for my parents they struggled a lot 4r me.... i'm typing this letter with tears.... pls help me i lost my govt job also ..... as i came here in h4 visa, ....pls i request u to guide ma
    pls friends pls help me i feel like dying.............
    for the helpers thanks in addvance

10. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

If you don't find a work that pays why don't you do some voluntary work until you can find something. You should be happy that your husband has work as I know many American who have lost their job and struggling to put food on the table and facing foreclosure. So what you are feeling is honestly not a major issue. If we feel like dying for every little thing then I guess 99% of people will be dead.

adrija likes this.