1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Can H4 Indian Wives work from Home?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by bharthi, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

Me too, im nurse assistant i have studied and made practices on medical field, and im languages teacher but there are such economical crisis in Spain that is hardly tough working, my husband works in field with oranges and potatoes in charge of a group of people and im housewife, it is so boring... I would like to make something and earn my own money, though few. Anyone knows any reliable link to work since home?

2. Purnaraj19

Purnaraj19 Silver IL'ite

Hello,
    i came across your post today. I'm planing on taking a course in medical coding at career step. Could you kindly tell me your experience on taking the course and job perspectives after your course. Thank you . Purna.

3. Bhuvane

Bhuvane New IL'ite

hi jini,I'm a life science graduate and want to do medical transcription .i would like to know whether it's worth to do certification course in USA.is it possible to get a job without experience?thnx in advance..

4. VindhyaVindy

VindhyaVindy New IL'ite

Hi

I'm currently on H4 Visa. I landed in USA about 6 months back and yet to get my EAD. What are my possibilities of getting an EAD ?? Is the EAD option still available ?? (as Trump's administration wants to remove it)

5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

nope. Let us pray they never remove H4 EAD. So many talented H4 folks will get disheartened if that happens.

6. InterestBlog

InterestBlog Bronze IL'ite

I was on H4 visa and I earned from home.

Only difference was, instead of getting regular paychecks, I used to receive money in Paypal or in form of Gift cards and also some of my earnings were directly deposited in my Indian bank account.

You cannot go for a regular job but then there are plenty which pays to work, as and when you want to. Initially earnings may not be much but later there is a gradual increase.

7. Archana18

Archana18 New IL'ite

Nope, working on H4 status is considered illegal. I would not advise working, unless the work you are doing is for someone well known to you, who would be interested in securing and defending you in case there is a need and is ready to pay you in cash/gift card. Specially at a time like this, with so many problems for Indians in US, you never know when you might be reported by some random stranger who thinks you are stealing away opportunities to earn some money from their fellow citizens.

If the idea is to engage yourself productively, volunteer for Indian association activities, they usually need people with good skills. Else do a course and do internships, if you do well the company might be willing to sponsor your H1. Choosing opportunities that can risk your Visa, however rewarding should be avoided atleast till rhe Visa issues settle down.