1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell about actuarial sciences?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by deepshikha, Nov 22, 2007.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hi friends, i want to know who should attempt an exam in the actuaries? I have a humanities back ground and was wondering whether i should think about actuaries as an option? Is it very difficult for someone with non-statistical non-commerce background to make it? If i want to appear for the exam where should i begin? Can anyone of you guide me? I have to do self-study as being in US without an income i cannot take up expensive perp courses. Can someone please guide?

2. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,

The Life Offices Management Association in the U.S. offers a 10-course self-study programme that gives you the certificate of Fellow of Life Management Institute (FLMI).I am an MBA in insurance and was working as a CRM manager in a life insurance firm in India.But since I am on H4 I cant work. Actuary is a very good career option if you take it up seriously.I am planning to do FLMI level-1 and level-2 courses during my stay in the USA.All the best

Bipasha

3. pragatim

pragatim New IL'ite

Hi,

Even I am looking for acturial science course.Whats ur progress in this regard?
    Have u got any information.

Pragati Mohan