Can anyone suggest a technical or computer course from community colleges?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by deepshikha, Apr 30, 2008.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I have a degree in Arts from India, but I want to start afresh with some courses here in US which can get me a Job later. I have heard that many community colleges have computer courses which can help get a job in IT sector later.
    My background is in humanities, but I want to study some technical course (low cost). Can anyone suggest any such course in a community college? I am thinking of computer courses but I do not have much knowledge about that, whether I will be eligible for that or not and would it be wise to study that for me.
    Please help me figure out what kind of study I can take up. Thanks

2. libran23

libran23 Senior IL'ite

HI Deepshikha,

You can try in UCLA Extension as they have got lot of courses.
    Just go to there website and register and request for a booklet or else you can find them online.I am not sure about the cost of computer courses but i don't think it is going to very very expensive.If you don't find the information i will let you as i have joined UCLA Extension.
    Also you can try Santa Monica Community College and West Los Angeles College.Fee at West Los Angeles College will be less.
    Depending upon the area you reside pick up a college.
    I just hope and wish you luck for your career.

Be Happy!!!!

Take Care

3. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepshika,

Iam not sure if you have any exposure to computers,so the best thing is,Go to community college administration office and meet counsellor who would guide you with right type of coursework in computer science.

I think they will suggest you to do an Assosiate college degree(1yr degree) in computer science or computer applications,which fetches you computer knowledge and subsequently connects you from your Bachelors degree to employment.Community College offers internships which might fetch u experience in addition.

Hope this help you,
    Vaish

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008